Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you had your car dynoed and the following things occured, would that show lower than usual whp? I do not have a Supra, but there are many more people here that know about dynos than people with 300gt's, so please help me out with my questions.

1. There were several dyno runs done on my car (maybe 6-7) in about a 10 minute time period; the first 4 or 5 were at low boost, and the later ones were higher. It seems to me that most dyno runs that I have heard about make about 1 run every 15-20 minutes, giving the car & intercoolers more time to cool down. Could my intercoolers have been heatsoaked, and been almost useless on the later runs, and that cause some lower numbers?

2. I had not driven the car since I brought it into the shop to have several things installed and to dynotune it. After the dyno runs done by the owner (who was inside the car, not me), when I was backing the car out of the dyno bay (this was the first time since I drove up to the shop that I had driven it ... about 10 hours later), I noticed that there was quite a bit of play in the gas pedal --- perhaps 1/2 way down, there was nothing when I pushed it (no rev increasing). The shop tightened up the accelerator cable I believe. If you were doing dyno runs with the gas pedal like this, is it possible that when they floored the gas pedal on the dyno runs like this, the throttle did not open all the way like it should to let air in; so the car would actually at part-throttle? Since it seems to me that pushing the gas pedal down all the way at that time may only be like pushing it down 3/4 of the way normally ... as far as the amount of space your foot would move on the gas pedal? I'm sure it would open most of the way anyways, but perhaps not all the way?? There would still be plenty of boost, but maybe not the regular amount of air that the engine itself (without help from turbos) takes in.

3. I had them install a VPC. It had not been driven around (before dynoing) anywhere. Would that cause any low whp readings that would get larger over time after the ECU is used to the VPC?

4. How many whp would my car increase by if I replaced the ATR high-flow cat with the ATR test-pipe?

thanks for looking over this post. Please respond with any possible losses that you think these things may have caused. I was coming from out of town to this dyno and they were running late as well with some of the things I was having installed, so there was not too much time to dynotune (they said they would let me come up again later for free to dynotune it again)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on people, there's been 36 views and nobody has an opinion on whether or not that cost some whp? I'm just asking for a general answer and number, not something exact.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
1 yes heat soak can rob alot of power.
2 I have no idea what your problem is.
3 and 4 should help out some.

So I take it you are not ready to run me yet?:D

Jeff

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
463supra said:
1 yes heat soak can rob alot of power.
2 I have no idea what your problem is.
3 and 4 should help out some.

So I take it you are not ready to run me yet?:D

Jeff
on the number 2 thing, it is not a problem any more, just right then, and before it dynoed; so it is fine now, I'm just wondering if that caused some lower numbers ;)

we can always do some before and after runs
before = now
after = later, when I go back up there

I'll email you about it in about a week, ok?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts