Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say someone wanted to keep his Supra CA smog legal.

But he also wanted to make a lot of power when needed.

How big of a Nitrous shot could he safely run? Has anyone tried a Nitrous powered Supra (including the the stock twins of course)?

Thanks to all that reply.

B

·
0 Posts
Dude I have no clue but i just got a bottle today and I'm going to call around tomorrow so if I hear anything I'll let u know

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
Try a 500 shot:eek:, with 21 psi and race gas.....hehehe..j/p

But it would be fun..i've heard of a 500 shot on a viper, now thats a ride i'd like to go on.

Seriously, i'm not sure, i want a 150 shot on my next supra to get into the 800 club.

·
3,148 Posts
I know Phillip Long ran a 100 shot on his BPU+ Surpa. He dynoed at 550rwhp and 640rwtq. :eek: He was running 128mph in the 1/4 mile.

Later, Steve

M

·
0 Posts
A friend of mine here in Austin has a 75 shot and recorded 612 RWHP and 632 RWTQ - track times will be comin in a few months. I'll be doing mine this summer - I'm only doing a 50 shot. There are things you have to watch out for:

First of all, the stock fuel pump really can't keep up with that much flow - between the standard flow and the wet shot.

Secondly, you're maxing out the injectors in a BIG way. They can overheat and lock up - needless to say it's bad. I am going to try to do this a safer way - maaybe including fuel system, we shall see. He doesn't even have an EGT gauge so we're not too sure what's going on with the car on the gas. More info to follow.........

·
Inline for the win
4,685 Posts
I was thinking about doing NOS on my stock twins until I graduated college. Can you safely run a 50 shot on the stock fuel system (with race/pump mixture of course)? I don't want to cook my motor, but I do want low 11's or even high 10's on DR's. I will go with a single T88 later and will use NOS to spool or cool it once I start making the real money.

·
We has your money!
576 Posts
with the stock fuel system you can run 550 minus whatever your rwhp is since this is what the stock fuel system can handle. The injectors are not a bottleneck for how large of a shot you use since the nitrous nor the fuel go through the injectors. The max hp the stock fuel system will handle is 550rwhp so anything after than and Im assuming you would need upgraded fuel pump and lines up to the fpr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts