T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much shot of nos can our stock engines handle with stock internals

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Better get the big bottle. No wait, better make it two....

After MSB's incident (which was likely a lean fuel problem) I wouldn't put more than a 50-75 shot in the car. You know you will end up spraying a lot for the first couple months you have it, and it adds up. Not a real educated opinion, but better safe than sorry.

·
ABM
497 Posts
if you can be responsible with it, our engines can handle upto 150-shot. im running 125 direct-port with mods.

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
I would imagine our engines can handle more then even 150 on the stock internals considering how built they are BUT it doesnt matter how built your internals are if you run lean and detonate just KaBlooee if that happens. Same with any forced induction or Nitrous for the added oxygen in the cylinder you need the right amount of fuel. The thing with NOS is you have to have the correct tuning just like with a turbo otherwise your going to have problems.

Later

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Yep, I bet our engine would take a 300hp shot alright, as long as you are tuned well. Of course any time you extract that much more hp out of a engine it is going to add wear more quickly. My engine is stock, and with my 75hp jets I got 91rwhp out of the spray on top of the 511rwhp I got with the turbo. The engine is plenty strong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts