Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
...For Me to SUP On!!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With good street tires (say BFG g-force KD's), how much rwhp are people hooking up with 6-speeds? i don't mean NO wheel spin, but i also don't count full tire smoking, car sideways, out of control power as being useful... basically, lets say that for speeds less than 100mph adding more power than X would only add more wheelspin... what's X?

I see lots of guys with 650+ rwhp numbers around here... my Camaro makes 644rwhp and i spin 28x10.5 ET Drag SLICKS all the way to 90mph (unless i do a full burnout and i'm on a prepared surface)... basically for street driving the power is useless... and it would be flat out unsafe with street tires... this is what i'm trying to avoid with the supra... its supposed to be my refined yet very fun/fast car...

thoughts?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
With the BFG TA KD's at 295 I've been pretty happy @ ~580-600 WHP. I haven't run higher boost to see what thinks are like because I have a BOV that's leaking BUT I plan to modify my rims and rear end to fit in 335's in the future. I'd be interested in hearing what the higher WHP guys have to say for street use. I think the power we make on the street is already pointless. You go from 0 to you're going to jail within seconds.

·
...For Me to SUP On!!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there's no doubt that when the power gets up there things get out of control real fast...

i'm just looking to maximize the acceleration on the street... in other words, i'm not trying to beat twin turbo vipers on the interstate at 160mph... i want to beat blown mustangs from 30 to 80mph... so to have a 700rwhp setup that only starts hooking above 100mph is overkill for me... i'm thinking that something like 525rwhp from an SP57 would probably do the trick...

·
3,148 Posts
In anything under 60 degrees, I don't get good traction until 3rd. Over that and traction in second is pretty good. This is with my boost set at about 500rwhp. I run 295/30R18 AVS Sports on 18x10.5" wheels. I would guess anything over about 525 is probably not going to help you 30-80.

Later, Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts