Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup that right, how much power does it take to pull on a 600cc bike. I have seen on the internet they run mid to high 10's but I dont' think anyone around here could even come close to that because driver mod for one, and bikes are quick off the line. Do they kinda run out of breath up top? I just wanna take a 600cc from like 70 roll to like 140 or something like that.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
600cc bikes usually run 12s.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have a buddy who keeps bragging about his bike, GSXR 600 I think, how it so fast for cheap!!!($9000cdn) My car cost $4000, for less than $5000 in upgrades I should be able to pull 400rwhp, then maybe I can shut him up? Then I can brag to him..."Not only is my car faster than your bike, I can groove to the tunes and drink a coffee whilst passing you!"

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
CBR600...not a chance....they run mid to high 11's stock...check the quickest quarter mile times, and you will be hard pressed to find an MKIII that fast.

edit: those bikes are actually faster...the 95 model runs 11.3

I highly doubt that you will be able to keep up with one on the highway. I tried when I was running low 13s, and I got blown away as if I was standing still.

·
Registered
217 Posts
you can beat a bike from a role w/ 400-450 wrhp my brother is runnin that on a awd eclipse and he rapes a gsx 600 w/ exhaust intake and a sprocket the fastest ur getting w/ a stock bike would be low 13's but w/ a modded bike ur looking at 11's w/ a good driver but enfisize on the good driver part becuase a lot of kids w/ bikes dont know how to launch correctly or drive it at its best... and i am talking 600 not 750 or 900.. alright man good luck

ps a 600 does not run 11's stock u might be talkin about a 1300 that runs 10's stock but ur gunna be runnin 13's stock w/ a 600

·
The Beginning
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is professional driver, I highly doubt that any street driver on one can pull even a mid 11 second run.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
87SilverSupraTurbo said:
That is professional driver, I highly doubt that any street driver on one can pull even a mid 11 second run.
True...but how do you know the Supra driver can drive? Whatever it is, those bikes are fast....

G

·
not all 600s are created equal, but its a rare day to find cars that beat bikes. Usually you will find the better driver is on the bike too.

You can probably get them on the top end (600s)

Jeff

G

·
All I can do is laugh... I own a 2003 Ninja ZX-636 and I run 10.56. and, No, bikes do not lose steam on top end... that is where they shine. Catch a bike at 70 MPH and you WILL lose. 70MPH is 3MPH below rev limiter in first gear for us. At high speeds, we have half the wind resistance as a car. Plus, I have seen my bike at 173 MPH. Shift light had just barely came on. Shift light is set for 13.5K, bike tachs at 15.5K. but at that point, objects are comming up on you too fast. its slightly nerve racking.

·
Registered
6,910 Posts
ZX6R1033 said:
All I can do is laugh... I own a 2003 Ninja ZX-636 and I run 10.56. and, No, bikes do not lose steam on top end... that is where they shine. Catch a bike at 70 MPH and you WILL lose. 70MPH is 3MPH below rev limiter in first gear for us. At high speeds, we have half the wind resistance as a car. Plus, I have seen my bike at 173 MPH. Shift light had just barely came on. Shift light is set for 13.5K, bike tachs at 15.5K. but at that point, objects are comming up on you too fast. its slightly nerve racking.
yawn

:eek:

how fun. and look at that.. one post just to post that in this thread. intresting.

you are AWARE that the Cd of a bike is sometimes WORSE and lot of time MUCH WORSE than a cars RIGHT?!?!?

·
Registered
275 Posts
figgie said:
you are AWARE that the Cd of a bike is sometimes WORST and lot of time MUCH WORST than a cars RIGHT?!?!?
Is much worst like braut worst cause if it is I want some!

Yes, a bike does have a much worse coefficient of drag vs a car. They are bricks above 120 mph. The most aerodynamic of them is the busa.

You may see your shift light at 173, but in reality it's only like 160-165 because bike speedo's are NOTORIOUS for reading WAY high. You have to GPS or radar it to get a true speed reading.

I've been 190mph (gps and video'd) in a car and 165 on my old 91 fzr 1000. A lot of the 600's lose steam above 80 mph. I've been in several cars when racing bikes. It usually takes about 400-450 rwhp to pull a new 600cc bike from a highway roll. About 550 for the 750's. Anything after that and you better have a lot of hp on tap.

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
i killed a 900cc bimmer bike back in the day on highly modified stock turbo...

my cousins stock cbr600 blew me away on the highway tho...

depends on the bike.

Ang

·
Registered
6,910 Posts
ZombieSS said:
Is much worst like braut worst cause if it is I want some!

lmao

damn it i hate silly typos :p

hehe edited

1 - 20 of 67 Posts