Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Slow Talking Salesman
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering since I am finally going to get another motor should I swap the HKS 264 cams to the 272 cams? Has anyone ever tested both of these to see what gains are made? I also know the idle wont be the same so that shouldnt be that big of a deal but what I am worried about is the drivability tuning. I spent a lot of money tuning my car trying to get it to drive as close to stock as possible when normal driving so I had my car tuned on an eddy-current load control unit from DynoJet which was also very time consuming. So I am pretty sure I would have to start over on the drivability tuning, maybe it wont be too much of a difference?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
you wont notice harldy any difference. The powerband will be pushed further to the left, and depending on how much your revving the car, headwork, and hp, then it will give more hp and torque the higher you go.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
272's make less power under the curve. They are better on top end, but really hurt low end and midrange performance. There are dyno sheets on HKS's site somewhere that prove this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts