Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I order the RMM wing and the Whifbitz Lip.

I was wondering how much prep. does this part need to install.?

Do you just prime and paint and bolt on....?

Or do you have to do any kind of cutting, drilling holes, etc..?

Just to have an idea.
Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you don't have to drill any hole on the wing...it already comes with all that pre-made.?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
the rmm wing will bolt up to the stock holes no problem. It cost me $350 to have the wing painted with Glasuit paint and the prep work. The wing is pretty rough the way it comes. I was suprised that it cost so much to have it painted, but every shop told me that it needed a good days worth of prep before it could be sprayed.

carlo

·
Registered
580 Posts
Got mine painted and installed for $175, every body shop i went to estimated it to be atleast $300 then i went to a shop that specializes in supras.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You guys with the C/F center....Did the center have little divits in the clear over thr C/F? Mine did and we had to sand it down and re- clear the center to get the finish perfectly smooth. Just wanted to know if others had this problem too. RMM not replica.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
balticMKIV said:
the rmm wing will bolt up to the stock holes no problem. It cost me $350 to have the wing painted with Glasuit paint and the prep work. The wing is pretty rough the way it comes. I was suprised that it cost so much to have it painted, but every shop told me that it needed a good days worth of prep before it could be sprayed.

carlo
carlo, you got ripped off... :(

·
Registered
580 Posts
Mack Ash said:
You guys with the C/F center....Did the center have little divits in the clear over thr C/F? Mine did and we had to sand it down and re- clear the center to get the finish perfectly smooth. Just wanted to know if others had this problem too. RMM not replica.
Nope mine was fine out of the box. Seems like a hit or miss with the RMM.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
My CF center was actually in really good shape and didn't need any work to it. The sides on mine however did need a fair amount of prep work before painting. The RMM does bolt in the stock location without cutting or drilling provided you have a stock wing.

·
Space for sale
980 Posts
I got mine painted for $100, the sides are kinda rough when you get it though...

Make sure you screw them in good because one of my screws came out and was tumbling around in there and killed the paint on the inside.

Should bolt up easy on stock location, you might have to remove the plastic trunk cover.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys for the all the help... hopefully mine will come in good shape and it won't need too much prep. to get it on...

When Im done I will post pics of before and after of my car.
Thanks again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts