Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks guys. I may be getting some boost leak through there. Can't seem to find the boost leak anywhere. So I'm trying different things. What's happening (with JDM Turbos w/3" DP, 3"exhuast, and intake) is the boost is jumping up to 10 psi and then dropping to 7 at WOT or higher RPMS. Don't know what to do. But I know with my old MKIII that the boost would go any higher cause I had a bad BOV. Could this be my problem. I realize there is ALOT of possible problems, but I'm trying to narrow it down. Thanks.

·
Still Sportin' the Twins
245 Posts
Mine has held well over 20 psi. But results may vary. If you want a good way to pressure test everything at once, read this old post:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2816513#post2816513

You can also pressure test your BOV if you suspect it's leaking. You'll need a couple big hoses and adapters to do it right, but it's doable. Just make sure you pressurize both the large inlet and the TB pressure source or it will start leaking around 5 psi...

David

·
Very Senior Member
9,963 Posts
begone said:
Thanks guys. I may be getting some boost leak through there. Can't seem to find the boost leak anywhere. So I'm trying different things. What's happening (with JDM Turbos w/3" DP, 3"exhuast, and intake) is the boost is jumping up to 10 psi and then dropping to 7 at WOT or higher RPMS. Don't know what to do. But I know with my old MKIII that the boost would go any higher cause I had a bad BOV. Could this be my problem. I realize there is ALOT of possible problems, but I'm trying to narrow it down. Thanks.
Don't know if it is related or not, but mine was doing that a few weeks ago. It finally got to where it would barely run.
I think there may have been some other issues, but I fixed my major problem by replacing the O2 sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.