• > 310 RWHP

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Very Senior Member
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK - I managed to piss off some UK and European guys with questions about RWHP. (I didn't mean to!)
So - what is a typical measured RWHP for a STOCK Supra TT MkIV?
(Mention which make dyno, as well)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thanks for doing this VickSupra, you didn't piss us off, but all it is is that our dynos read differently.

I have voted in the 250-270rwhp range, and that is about average for most Euro and j-spec Supras, stock.

T

·
0 Posts
Syed Shah said:
Thanks for doing this VickSupra, you didn't piss us off, but all it is is that our dynos read differently.

I have voted in the 250-270rwhp range, and that is about average for most Euro and j-spec Supras, stock.
Actually I've seen a Euro/UK (pretty much identical to the US version) supra complete stock, put down 300rwhp. The J-Spec is slightly less powerful.

·
Very Senior Member
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Syed Shah said:

Yeah - I think the fact that different dynos give different results (apparently very different) is quite troubling. That leaves no real way to compare different vehicles!
Now, lets just not get off into KW, etc. I have trouble reading the Aussie forums about power!!;) ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Take a look at the link in my signature… My car is completely stock (i.e. OEM spark plugs, oil filter, air filter, etc.)! Also, I did not go through the trouble of performing any of the usual pre-dyno rituals (i.e. resetting the ECU, pulling the traction control fuse(s), race fuel, open air box, etc.) for these numbers. As noted on the dyno chart itself, these numbers were obtained on a DynoJet model 248C Dynamometer while at Las Vegas 2001. Although I voted for the 290 – 310 RWHP range, I firmly believe that a stock MKIV Twin Turbo Supra is capable of slightly more than this level of power – given the appropriate pre-dyno ritual. :D

·
3,148 Posts
Phillip Long did 308rwhp with his stock 93.5 on a Dynojet (not sure which model).

Later, Steve

·
Registered
391 Posts
When I first got my 93.5 MKIV I dynoed 299 RWHP. Keep in mind:
1. The car hadn't been driven in 3 years
2. Plugs hadn't been changed since the car was bought from the dealer.
3. Oil hadn't been changed.
4. My air filter had a hole in it from a little mouse that made his home in the airbox. Shit, I wasn't sure if the thing actually made it out of there:D
5. Car only had about 29k
6. Dynojet I believe.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
VickSupra said:
Seems like most folks use Dynojet.
Does the Mustang give lower results? (I've heard that, don't know though).
Yes, but it gives the most realistic number because it can put actual load on the car.

M

·
0 Posts
dtalbert said:
On a Dynojet 248c, my 94 TT (75K miles) made 278 rwhp in a 5th gear pull with all pre-dyno rituals.
sorry but 5th gear is not good...
you need to test it in 4th gear...
cu
mac

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mac, thanks for the advice. This was a base line dyno for comparisons as I go BPU (and my first with the TT). I thought I had seen on mkiv.com or here to use 5th for base line pulls because it was 1:1. Actually, I also did a 4th gear pull, and the numbers were ~5-10 hp lower.

Dale Talbert
94 TT 6-spd

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Hua said:

Yes, but it gives the most realistic number because it can put actual load on the car.
Could you explain further? I think I see what you are getting at, but I am not sure...

·
NSW supra club Member
475 Posts
If the Jap spec supras make 206kw(276hp) STOCK at the MOTOR,how the hell do you'se make more then that at the REAR?????

·
3,148 Posts
Remember the stock Japanese car is rated at 276hp. This doesn't mean that is all it makes. Also be have larger turbo on the US spec car and our rating was 320hp (considered a minimum rating).

Later, Steve

1 - 18 of 18 Posts