Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for this question guys but I couldnt find what I was looking for when searching. But I have a metal head gasket I want to install with some studs but how much can it possibly cost. The cheapest place I found around here in Orem Utah is a placed called parts for imports and it will cost me $800:mad:. IS this right, does anybody know any place that is cheaper here in the wasatch front of Utah? Or anybody personally?
Thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love to do it myself, the only problem with that is that I am sixteen and dont know what Im doing, even though my dad is a pretty good mechanic he dont want to touch a BH.

·
Crow
964 Posts
that seems to be the going price, if not higher. remember theres a lot of labor in the price, and at most shops $50-$100 an hour for labor, it won't be cheap.

thats why most here do it themselves or get help from nearby experienced supra owners

G

·
0 Posts
Hey man if you have tools i mean basic rachet set and other small things you can do it. You dont need to be a car freak to do a BHG juss follow the directions of the online TSRM :). I am 18 so i dont have much more experiance than you and i am doing one, just take your time and use baggies to mark all the bolts. you will be fine.

p.s. the only thing a good mechanic is scared of with a BHG is time. do it yourself and ask him questions when you come to them.

N

·
0 Posts
i was quoted between $500 and $800 depending on the condition of the head, but thats in jersey

unfortunatly i dont have enough time to do this myself, and my car is a daily driver, so i need minimal downtime. since i have no idea what i am doing, then i know it will take me a very long time

·
Livin the Supra Lifestyle
2,023 Posts
did it myself with no past experience in my garage at 20 degree temperatures for 100 bucks:)

·
Member Bushwood CC
357 Posts
Does $800 include the machine work? If so I would jump on that price.

I'd do it for $800 if you'd ship it to PA.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
By "BH" do you mean blown head? Or are you calling a headgasket (HG) a BG?

Anyways that's a little much, 800 and you already have the gasket?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.