Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
i have a red 97 TT 6 speed. BPU. 88000 miles. no leaks or body work or probs at all. im in seattle. how much should i ask for it?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
cam210 said:
hey,
i have a red 97 TT 6 speed. BPU. 88000 miles. no leaks or body work or probs at all. im in seattle. how much should i ask for it?
Year and mileage are a trade-off in your case. 88k is frickin high for a '97 but you are a 6 speed and everybody seems to want one. What color?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
yup..id say upper 20's//maybe 27k average...
my car is a 94 6 spd bpu with only a few thousand more miles in mint condition garage kept and all papers since it was brand new (haha i even still have the salesman's business card from 1994 in the owners manual) and if i was gonna sell id ask for like 26k average

Ant

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Ubermensch said:
88,000/9 years old= less than 10k a year. I wouldn't call that high, I'd just call it a daily driver.
Why does time-averaging matter? At that mileage, if there are is not regular maintenance/repair that has already been done, it will cost a bundle to correct. $27k for this car unless EVERYTHING that goes wrong with Supras has been fixed. In fact, I have serviced clients Supras with as little as 45k on the clock with BHG, wheels bearings and recently a vehicle with 55k that needed all control arms replaced due to rubber deterioration. That last one alone cost the owner over $1200 to fix.

PS: Iced Supra- why don't you think your car is worth more than you stated?

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
MtFujiSupra said:
Why does time-averaging matter? At that mileage, if there are is not regular maintenance/repair that has already been done, it will cost a bundle to correct. $27k for this car unless EVERYTHING that goes wrong with Supras has been fixed. In fact, I have serviced clients Supras with as little as 45k on the clock with BHG, wheels bearings and recently a vehicle with 55k that needed all control arms replaced due to rubber deterioration. That last one alone cost the owner over $1200 to fix.

Likewise, I've owned and worked on MKIVs with as many as 200k miles that didn't have any of the issues you described. The mileage doesn't necessary determine these issues, the maintenance, care, and frankly luck play into some of these repairs.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
MtFujiSupra said:

Hmm idk i think that would be a fare asking price...why, do you think its worth more??? :dunno:
Though
its not for sale anyway....... also i am not the first owner...im the third..but the last 2 owners knew each other and i heard from both of them plus alot of other people vouched for the car, so i was 95% sure the car was good...then when i flew to see it i was 100% sure.. :)

Ant

·
Registered
305 Posts
I guess paying 33k for a 97 TT 6-speed supra is overpriced? But then again, I heard people say its a steal. Oh well, like one guy put it, "the value of something equals the price that some people are willing to pay". In my opinion, sell it for 27k to 29k if you are in a hurry, if not, sell it for 29k to 32k if you are patient.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well its only been in seattle for a year. before that it was in california and its basically in perfect condition except for some rock chips. i always do and it always has been garaged. ive lived here for 2 years and have seen maybe 3 other supras. i hope rarity helps. ive seen more ferraris and nsx'a than supras.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I'd say high 20s if you want to move it, and low 30s if its mint and you're patient. It all depends on the condition, like others have said.

·
Registered
459 Posts
If the car was stock you could get alot more for it but as you sit i would never sell it unless i was getting exactly what i wanted for it. This is kinda dumb but i wouldnt sell my car for anything less than 55k, way over priced but that is the only way im letting her slip out of my hands. But im just throwing that out there, im never getting rid of it anyway

1 - 15 of 15 Posts