Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
it's a rod knock life
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From now on it's only fun to work on mine.
A guy I know just bought a 91 Cressida with a 92 7m-gte. He want his rotors changed or cut based on cost of new vs. having them cut. He wants the plugs and oil changed.
For those that know or do this type of work, about how much is this labor worth?.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
tell him to come down to newark, i'll do the job very well and cheaply. brake rotors - brembos front and rear i'll do 300 installed, rotors included, plugs and oil i'll do for 20 dollars + parts (you supply the plugs and oil)

·
it's a rod knock life
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Speed, very direct and to the point.
Therm, I never know went your serious or horsing around. Care to explain that hefty brand name you mentioned or is that a sales pitch. I don't think he wants to come out to Jersey thou.
I'am also looking for a straight 90-91 cress body, engine condition doesn't matter. If the price gotta be right.

I should get a mkiii body instead it's cheaper.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
hotcress said:
Thanks guys. Speed, very direct and to the point.
Therm, I never know went your serious or horsing around. Care to explain that hefty brand name you mentioned or is that a sales pitch. I don't think he wants to come out to Jersey thou.
I'am also looking for a straight 90-91 cress body, engine condition doesn't matter. If the price gotta be right.

I should get a mkiii body instead it's cheaper.
Brembo? brembo is the best, it doesn't need explanation. Ask anyone. Take my Cress. It's a 91 5-speed, take it for 600. Just needs new rod bearings. :)

·
it's a rod knock life
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your saying the Brembo really makes something for the 89-91 cressida. Whoa. Where do I get more info???. I can't get any brake/supension related parts for the 85-88's.

Please PM me with details about the 91. I would like to see pics, but not needed. Hit me up.
Patrick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts