Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
do underdrive pulleys actually work??

yes another question, lol. i was wondering if the crank and the other pulley actually gain hp when they ar underdrive pulleys??

i was reading a add that said expect up to 15+ hp gain, i dunno about this so i thought i would ask, lol.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Dude if you have a bunch of questions put them all in one thread...

As for your question, that is really vague... why dont you just call around and get estimates? How are we going to tell you how much it might cost if you just say you need some body work? It could be anywhere from $300 to $3000.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
exactly, depends on the damage, the paint, the labor, the shop. theres a lot of variables...

go around, bring your car, get quotes and they will give you a price, the labor can be about 2000 and the paint can range from 200 to 3000 for the amount and specific type. theres no telling, especially with bodykits if you want them just bolted on or want it looking one piece and filled in, etc etc etc..... just get quotes at shops locally

·
Shop Tech All Around Auto
510 Posts
A good paint job will cost at least $1000. I've got a nice 74 vette in the shop now fo some resto. work under the hood. The owner paid almost $6000 for the paint and body work on it, and its just one color.

·
Registered
302 Posts
A good paint job will cost at least $1000. I've got a nice 74 vette in the shop now fo some resto. work under the hood. The owner paid almost $6000 for the paint and body work on it, and its just one color.
You're right, body work is expensive.

A GOOD paintjob is atleast $2500.00, soo many people go buy a car/truck and spend thousands of dollars on mods but expect to get it painted for like $500.00. To do a paint job right there isn't only the cost of paint, there is primer (2 stages), base/clear or single stage paint, dents to be repaired, thinners, etc. I'm not even done painting my car and i've gone through $1500 in supplies alone, not counting the epoxy/high build primers, base which is $500.00/gallon or clear which is $700.00/gallon. Never cheap out on body work it's the only thing that keeps your car from rusting away to nothing. And body fill (bondo) is not a good thing, it's the cheap way and should be used in moderation.

As you can all tell i have some strong feelings about cheep body work . lol

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
yes another question, lol. i was wondering if the crank and the other pulley actually gain hp when they ar underdrive pulleys??

i was reading a add that said expect up to 15+ hp gain, i dunno about this so i thought i would ask, lol.
Short answer is no, shouldn't use an underdrive pulley on the car. The crank pulley is a dampener so it would need to be fully balanced and absorb the virbrations. ATI sells an aftermarket pulley but it costs alot of money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts