Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i might be getting an Sc300 in a couple of days and i have an 2jz-gte sitting in my garage.

My question is how much work and what all would i need to do to swap it into the car.

If someone could please stear me into the right direction would be most greatful.

· Registered
2,509 Posts
Loaded question there but who's doing the harness? What trans etc? Lots of things to consider. Clublexus or clubna-t probably have a write up floating around.

· Registered
2,641 Posts
Why not just turbo the sc300? The motor is pretty stout.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Loaded question there but who's doing the harness? What trans etc? Lots of things to consider. Clublexus or clubna-t probably have a write up floating around.
Well sorry for the such general question.
Well i have the harness from the gte. I also have an R154 and im aware that i will need the 1j bellhousing.
Why not just turbo the sc300? The motor is pretty stout.
Well i was thinking about just building up the GTE that i have and then swaping it all it at once.

sell the GTE, and by an NA-T kit that will give you more horsepower than bpu.
That was another thought that i had. I'm just trying figure out everything befori get in over my head.

· Band on the Run
2,612 Posts
lol dont listen to any of the people saying go na-t. Going GTE will be REALLY easy for you. You have 90% of what you need already, the motor will drop right into the car and any part that you need for the sc you can buy from a supra. Almost all supra sc parts are interchangeable. The main things you will need to do will just depend on if you have a jdm vs usdm engine. club lexus/clubna-t have step by step guides on how to do the install.

· Proud MKIII Owner
4,173 Posts
Keep Us Updated On The Progress!

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol dont listen to any of the people saying go na-t. Going GTE will be REALLY easy for you. You have 90% of what you need already, the motor will drop right into the car and any part that you need for the sc you can buy from a supra. Almost all supra sc parts are interchangeable. The main things you will need to do will just depend on if you have a jdm vs usdm engine. club lexus/clubna-t have step by step guides on how to do the install.
Thanks for the info. I ausumed that i had probaly eveyrthing that i needed to do the swap besides the little things. I have an jdm engine, but as i said i was going to go single and somesort of piggyback setup.

Keep Us Updated On The Progress!
I will it will be slow going as i havent gotten the SC300 yet, but if everything works out tomorrow i should. Im trading a GSX i just got and he was the other buyer so we worked something out.

Please keep the info coming as it really is a great help.
thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.