Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how much a shop would charge to install a fuel system,turbo kit and map ecu/dli . Also how long it would take if they where not busy... THanks i know this is kind of a newb question but any input would be great thanks i just dont wanna get shafted.

·
11,221 Posts
Depends on how involving the turbo kit is I guess. What exactly are we talking about, just straight up bolt on turbo kit? No internal work?

As far as electronics go, I'd install that myself unless they offer to do it cheap (with all the work they are already doing).

It's rediculous sometimes some shops charge 200-300 to install a SAFC!!!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ITs a kit and there just bolting it on with fuel. NO internal work .

The twins are off all they are doing is bolting on the kit and wireing all the electronics up .....almost forgot the fuel. . How much do you think??

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
im sure you could get a couple local guys to help you out (food, beer,and some cash) , saving you alot of money and you would also get some knowledge on how things go together. if i was local i would help you out! everything you are doing is pretty straight forward, some time with the google supraforums search and you would be sureprised on how easy things can really be!

~Andrew

ygpm

·
11,221 Posts
I don't get a lot of work done but I remember talking to someone about this who got his car worked on. Fuel system was $500 (but I think it includes wiring of piggyback systems too). Another guy got his NA-T kit installed for $9xx. Includes installation of turbo kit and fmic.

It's best to make a post in the regional section. Because I think it mostly depends on where you are located and who's doing the work.

·
Factory RSP Hardtopper
1,961 Posts
I'll do it for 5k and have it done by monday.:)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^:nuts: .

Can someone please just give me an answer on how much a shop would charge to put on tubo kit,fuel,piggyback/dli on a mkiv tt.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Well I would say (IF the turbo kit is a matching-just bolt on kit) it would take about 3-4 hours. IIRC you mentioned that the OEM twins are already removed, right? For the fuel system I would count a little more time, say around 5 hours.
The electronic devices go along with it should be in within 2-3 hours. All considering the shop know it´s shit.
Therefore I would estimate with a hourly rate of 50$ around 600-700 bucks in labour plus maybe some addtl. charge for other hardware etc.

But these figures are just my experience regarding the times. If the shop don´t know the Supra it may take them longer to figure out stuff and you can easily bump my estimate up by couple of hours and calculate with 1k$ in labour as a result..
Just my 0.02

·
11,221 Posts
It's all guesstimates over the net talking to us. Why don't you just call several shops around your area and ask them what they charge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts