Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· I <3 Jesus
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a 93 RX-7. It has a street ported engine with about 30,000 miles (told by previous owner), car also has 99 Efini twin turbos (one turbo has bad oil seal), comes with C-West style body kit, stock chrome FD wheels, Scoot Carbon Fiber Hood, VIS Racing Carbon Fiber trunk. Car is a Cooper Orange type of color. Has tan interior. Car needs some tlc in the exterior and interior. Car is auto. Car also has CLEAN tittle.

GOODS (installed in car)
-Street Ported engine with 3mm Apex seals (told by previous owner)
-99 Efini twin turbos (told by previous owner)
-Scoot Carbon Fiber Hood (hood needs re-clear)
-Vis Racing Carbon Fiber hatch
-C-West body kit (front bumper needs work)
-Orange cooper type paint
-Border front fenders
-Stock chrome wheels
-99 turn signals

Bads:
-1 of the turbos has bad seals
-Car exterior is missing headlights, door handles and a weather strip
-Car interior is missing a/c control panel, sealing, gauge hood, door panels, bins door, and needs some tlc.

Extras:
-C-West style new rear bumper
-OEM hatch
-OEM 93 front bumper

· Scotch Scotch Scotch
17,068 Posts
Running FD that needs a new turbo, door handles, headlights, weather stripping, hatch (that thing fits like a cinder block down a kitchen sink), and A/C panels. Tell him to keep the C-West rear and OEM front.

· King of the Jungle
2,330 Posts
Looks like a nice LSx project :naughty:

Sell thos POS carbon parts and get rid of those hideous fenders/side skirts. Sell the motor while you still can. I bet you could come out even with that stuff and then start with the LSx goodies.

What kind of suspension work is done to it?

· I <3 Jesus
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Running FD that needs a new turbo, door handles, headlights, weather stripping, hatch (that thing fits like a cinder block down a kitchen sink), and A/C panels. Tell him to keep the C-West rear and OEM front.
The stock turbos for the FDs are pretty cheap. About $200

Headlights will cost about $150 for both.

Door handles are about $250 for both.

The car comes with the OEM hatch.

A/C panel is about $50.

· I <3 Jesus
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why is the front bumper falling off? :dunno:
Its not bolted on, its just hanging there for the pic.

Dude, are you trying to close me on why you should pay more for the car or are you going to try and close him on why you should pay less for it?
Don't get me wrong, I'm going to low ball the shit out of this dude. I'm just saying the car is worth more then $2k. Its cause hes asking $4,800. I think $2.5-3k would be a fair price.

· Bull Market
2,846 Posts
That is not a c-west rear, they are veilside rear add-ons. IMO, it is more trouble then it is worth. MAKE SURE YOU GET A COMPRESSION TEST!

fyi, those interior pieces are not cheap, your going to spend more restoring it then if you would have bought one in decent condition.

· I <3 Jesus
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
That is not a c-west rear, they are veilside rear add-ons. IMO, it is more trouble then it is worth. MAKE SURE YOU GET A COMPRESSION TEST!

fyi, those interior pieces are not cheap, your going to spend more restoring it then if you would have bought one in decent condition.
I don't care about the ugly kit. I just need the motor and the body.

Yes sir, dearly noted. That is the first thing I do seeing how I own 5 of these cars before.

Actually my friend, they are pretty cheap. You just have to know where to look ;)

Good running FDs in good condition are running anywhere from $9k-15k.

I can pick this one up for $3k, and then dump $2k into it.

· Lurking
395 Posts
that carbon fiber hatch fits like a glove. and honestly, It looks like more touble than its worth, hack jobs are never good messes to fix.

· I <3 Jesus
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that carbon fiber hatch fits like a glove. and honestly, It looks like more touble than its worth, hack jobs are never good messes to fix.
Yeah the hatch is getting to me also. But the car does come with the stock OEM hatch. I'll ask the owner to put it on and see it that solves the problem.

· Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
12,986 Posts
Depends how much you would pay for a migraine. Me? I don't think headaches are worth paying for. At least for a car you pick up anywhere else in good shape for just a few more bucks.

An original COPO Camaro, ok; an FD... no.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.