Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at my owner's manual and it says to change the rear differential fluid every 30K miles or 4 years. Do you guys actually do this?

·
Kancho Battle Garage
850 Posts
It is a good idea, you would be surprised to see how many cars roll around with their original diff fluid. You werent thinking about not changing it right? lol

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a good idea, you would be surprised to see how many cars roll around with their original diff fluid. You werent thinking about not changing it right? lol
Well, I was looking at the previous owners logs and I could not find when/if he replaced the differential fluid. My car only has 41K on it though. I was going to replace it, if my mechanic thinks it needs to be changed.

·
Boost Junkie
12,625 Posts
I'd definately replace it. It is an easy thing to do and good maintenance. I change mine every year.

Steve

·
Boost Junkie
12,625 Posts
It is very easy. There are 2 10mm allen head plugs on the passenger side diff.. Remove the bottom one to drain it and re install. Remove the top one to fill it up. Fill it until it starts to overflow (Approx 1.8 quarts). Tighten up the top plug and you are golden.

Steve

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is very easy. There are 2 10mm allen head plugs on the passenger side diff.. Remove the bottom one to drain it and re install. Remove the top one to fill it up. Fill it until it starts to overflow (Approx 1.8 quarts). Tighten up the top plug and you are golden.

Steve
Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Another good thing to do is to be sure that you can remove the filler plug before you begin draining the fluid.

·
working on singleness...
347 Posts
bout every 4500 miles...

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
I killed a bit removing that bottom plug on my car. That thing did not want to come out. I think it killed that ratchet I had as well.

Anyways it's easy, but even easier if you have one of those small pumps to fill it up with. Just try not to get that crap on you.

Alex

·
No, ...It was NEVER NA!!!
1,417 Posts
Anyone tried Royal Purple in their diffs?

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,997 Posts
every 13 years without fail. like clock work.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Anyone tried Royal Purple in their diffs?
I have the Royal Purple Synchromax in my differential since 32K. I now have 52 with no problems. I also have too many bottles in my garage to know what to do with it. Let me know if anyone wants to buy a few off of me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts