Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a parking lot the other day and my stock accord exhaust set off a really sensitive alarm beside me. I just want to know if it is a really big problem for you guys who have aftermarket exhausts. I'm sure the vibrations can be pretty powerful, so I was wondering if this kind of thing is an everyday occurrence or what?

·
what comes out the butt?
4,463 Posts
i dont think my supra has ever set off an alarm...

most stock twin cars are fairly quiet its just a deep throaty sound......cant say the same for the single guys though:lol:

-mike

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
My exhaust set other cars' alarm go off sometimes... :bigthumb:

·
Single Turbo
712 Posts
I only set off alarms when I'm in TTC. I have the HKS carbon fiber ti.

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,913 Posts
mine does it everytime i am in a parking garage, it is the HKS Supra Dragger

·
MKIV intervention needed
3,026 Posts
wot with an open waste gate= all alarms will go off and i will laugh all the way out of the garage

dragger here too
whatever alarm goes "tweek tweek" is extra sensitive

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
My open Wastegate makes the cars alarm driving next to me go off :)

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't have much experience with setting alarms off with my exhaust but I know even with my subs bumping quietly in a garage I will usually set off alarms. From hearing Supras at low RPMs it doesn't surprise me that they have the same affect in garages.

The rest of the people parking there must hate you guys :)

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
My auto Supra TT with an Apexi exhaust could do it on occasion if I was in a enclosed parking garage. My g35c 6mt with test pipes and a greddy exhaust can do it pretty easily. I love doing that crap :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
haha, i just set one off today, was WOT boosting like a mofo, and i heard the car parked on the other side of the street go off, heh...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts