Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Hahaha nice..gotta think of your kids too man
It was great when the kids were relatively young (no wife, just weekend visitation). There were 3 of 'em and each would fight for the front seat, but they were comfortable in the back (all under 13)...

They wanted the front seat so that their friends could see 'em in the cool car ;-) I made them take turns and share. Otherwise during the week, it was the GF and her 11 year old son... worked out great!

Oh, and the weekends in Miami/South Beach... I would have the 2 chics in the back sit across each other's legs... great panty shots :drool:

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Oh, and the weekends in Miami/South Beach... I would have the 2 chics in the back sit across each other's legs... great panty shots :drool:
Satan

shhhs you. You know those gold diggers down there won't jump in no "Probe" :p lol

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Lots of GDers down there. Grew up down there and know it pays to have highschool friends who take you where the locals go... Based out to some stuff like Prodigy and they were all good ;-)

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I was looking at what other people were saying and I can agree with them for the most part. But then again I ended up buying a Toyota pickup as a daily driver. Hhaha. And I've owned four mk3s so I'm not too much of a noob. Guess that answers the question.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
very practical

i've transported a foldable engine hoist, a 4'' cat back (1 pc), engine stand, a R154 in it, tool boxes, 4 rims, and much more. I've gone grocery shopping in it, shopping at the mall etc. Love it.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Lots of GDers down there. Grew up down there and know it pays to have highschool friends who take you where the locals go... Based out to some stuff like Prodigy and they were all good ;-)

Oh so did I.

Pequeña Habana el la sawesera. ;) Miami Sr. High. Born and raised until 98 when I wised up ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
haha awesome... yeah the mr2 you could barely transport 1 rim in it at a time. (The only place you can put a rim of decent size is on the passenger seat.

And sometimes it's kind of embarrassing when I'd go on a big shopping trip with my friend we fill up the trunk then we need to put food in the frunk too lol and finally sometimes even have to put groceries in the cabin.... =/ Well that's the price you pay for some sweet midengined handling.

Seems like this supra is pretty good at having the dual identity of being a family car and a sports car from what people are saying.

·
VVT-i FTW
628 Posts
If you're looking for a car with practicality, you shouldn't be looking at a Supra in the first place.

That being said, a Supra IMO is one of the more practical sports cars. The rear seats are quite cramped, but you can still count them as rear seats nonetheless (unlike some cars that claim to seat 4 people but you couldn't fit an infant in the back seat). The hatchback design gives you quite a bit of storage. When I worked for a small mom and pop music store back in the day, I transported an entire drumkit in the back with my girlfriend in the passenger seat.

I never bought a Supra to be practical, but when I needed it to be, it held up just fine.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
It's as practical as it looks.

I'm 6 foot and fit in the front seats comfortably with them pushed all the way back. There's maybe 3 inches of space between the back of the front seat and the front of the back seat, so if you try to fill up the car with adults then you may be cramped if you are my height or taller. The hatch space is decent. Best way to tell is to go get in one for yourself. Consequently I do find my current car more practical than my MK3 even though there is no backseat at all. Only because it has more trunk space. If I am with a few people and we all need to go somewhere, we either take a larger car or caravan. I'm a single guy so I don't need to always be shuffling people in and out of any car I have.

-Alex

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
It's my pickup truck, the last thing I hauled was a load of river rock for landscaping, I just put some visqueen back there and hauled a few loads. Not a speck of rock even got on the carpet

·
Registered
40 Posts
if you need the room just get a cressidia and turbo that shit. no one on the road will even know what just happened when you take off.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
if you need the room just get a cressidia and turbo that shit. no one on the road will even know what just happened when you take off.
But they will get a good laugh when smoke starts pouring from under the hood:biggrin: .

-Alex

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm 6'3" and i fit ok...but its not a good car to have sex :p lol

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not very practical. Depending on how far from stock it is. The back seats offer shit for leg room. i definitely didn't like the idea of daily'ing my supra. Now with the cressida though, I can have to power of a jz'd supra with more daily reliability.

edit: let me just put it this way. if you want a reliable import to have fun in and still be reliable. get a 240, put some teins, and leave the interior alone. Your in that less than 2500 or so, and won't have to worry about blowing headgaskets all the time. and you can still slide it around.

·
(◕_◕)
3,756 Posts
Driver's Seat is the best!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts