Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How rich can you run before you start fouling plugs regularly?? What is the max AF before you start fouling plugs?? I ask because I want to run my T78 at its max on pump gas and I want it as rich as possible in case of detonation or spikes. What else could cause my engine to blow beside a lean mixture?? I ask because I have read that you shouldnt go over 550RWHP on 93 Octane. If you can keep a rich mixture, why cant you go further than that safely?? Just curious?? Thanks in adcance! PEACE!

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone...

please....Why is it not recommended to go over 550RWHP on 93 octane pump gas?? Cant you just keep it extra rich?? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
You can dump fuel to prevent more detonation (and run more boost on lower octane fuel), but eventually you get to a point where running richer doesn't help anymore, and may actually promote detonation. I believe that point is about 11:1, but I may be wrong.

If you want to go further than that on low octane gas, you need to do something else like water injection. Essencially the same thing as fuel dumping, it just works better since water removes a lot more heat.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know...

what the highest HP succesfully aplied to a Supra on pump gas that has survived for a good period of time?? I do have water/alcohol injection on my car already, which I spray 100%alchy whan I use it, but I just dynoed this past Saturday and found out that it isnt helping me at BPU+++, so its turned off for now. Maybe it'll help later. Thanks for the info!! Peace!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts