Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Frozen Lake Driver
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so as i'm approaching the finish of my build my dad will not let up the idea that with all the power and torque i'm aiming for ( a Whopping 500HP) is going to twist the frame. i've been reading around for a while now and followed a few builds of people on SF and haven't seen much problems with this, so i'm wondering whats your opinion on this is it worth spending a bunch of money to bulk it up a bit or is it strong enough to handle a fairly decently built motor. Personally I tihnk it'll be fine as i've noticed these motors just aren't as torquey as the big block V8's that you see always twist frames.
What do you guys think?

· Frozen Lake Driver
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what i had assumed, i'm sure we've all seen some of the built 2J's putting out like 800-900HP and still holding strong.
Thanks for the peace of mind

· Registered
196 Posts
Maybe your pops is used to old school muscle car frames. The only thing I would think that would have issues is your diff, driveshaft and rear supsension, but if it is built right, you should be allright..

· Frozen Lake Driver
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i redid all the suspension with coilovers and Suspension techniques sway bar kit, and soon after the build is done i'm gonna swap in a different LSD i believe the company is called Kaaz or Kazz i can't remember how to spell it. ya he's definetely into the older muscle cars

· Registered
3,136 Posts
Hehe, the only way you will twist the frame is when you take of the targa ;) Other than that, no way in hell.

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Well u seem like u kno wat ur doing...why don't u just weld boxes around the frame like stairway affect..idk how to explain it but weld bars across the frame where the chassis meets the body to the door frame...I've seen it done before and the person said it helped...idk just a thought Im throwing out there

· Frozen Lake Driver
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i wasn't worried about twisting anything, my dad was just convinced i was gonna drop 15 grand into my car and then screw it up because it had to much power for the chassis itself to handle it, i posted this thread more or less to prove him wrong.
Thanks guys :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.