Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were trying to a spring install and we cannot come close to taking the swaybar link off the strut mount. What should we do
Ajay

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the one that spins freely. Its not a question of leverage.

Were in the process of doing it right now, so the sooner anyone could let us know the better.

Thanks
Ajay

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok we got it out. But we dont know how were going to get it back in.

Just a fyi for future suspension installers: The way we were able to do this was gripping the hell out of the exposed part of the bolt between the mount and the rubber bushing, while turning the bolt. This works, but the grip needed is tremendous.

So does anyone know a way to get it back in?

Thanks

Ajay

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that you just use an allen key in the center of it and an open end. If you are struggling this much I think you are doing something wrong.

Mike

·
0 Posts
on the end of the stud, there is a allen key hole, hold it with the allen wrench and get a open end wrench and take the bolt off.....

damn he beat me to it..

·
Vengeance is mine
907 Posts
That is the proper way to do it (allen key method) but, on my car it stripped the allen key portion (using the correct size) so... I just went and bought 2 new endlinks, they are only about $30 each for brand new ones.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update. YOU DONT HAVE TO TAKE THE ENDLINKS OFF. I spoke with In2Twins who explained that the since the swaybar isnt preloaded if you jack up both sides evenly you will be able to remove the strut without even touching the endlink.

When we tried this we were able to do this incredibly quickly. Just for anyone who ends up doing this.

Ajay

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yes, the crappy allen-key holes nearly always strip. Poor design IMHO. Anyway, blowtorch the bolt, then grip the base as you take off the bolt, easiest method. Then buy new crosslinks :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts