Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to adjust the idle on a 97 Supra. My idle has always been to low on my car even before the single. I don't believe there is anything wrong with the car, it idled fine with the 95 ECU. The 97 ECU just idles about 150 rpm's too low.

Thanks, Steve

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i belive its from here this is where i did it from hwen my car ideled to low ...sorry this was the only pic i could find!

S

·
0 Posts
thats the throttle cable your pointing to. if anyone knows where to idle i need to know also. i heard that the bigger the turbo the more the idle should go up to circulate the oil to the turbo or turbos during idle. about 1000 rpm sounds nice.

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I don't believe the throttle cable is the correct way to adjust idle. The cam the throttle cable mounts on should be at a specific location in reference to the throttle position sensor. Typically there is a screw that lets a cetain amount of air bypass the trottle plate, but I don't see one on the Supra. I also see no mention of an adjustment in the manual.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I tried upping my idle as well. The ECU lowered it again, and throttle response suffered. I guess you'd have to ajust the TPS...

What Larry from SP recommended was to T the two power steering vac lines together, that will raise it.

·
3,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about adjusting the throttle position sensor. I guess I can give it a try. I may just call Larry and see what he thinks.

Later, Steve

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I used the the throttle cable as well and just reduced my accelerator play to a minimum, which I like now.

There is small nut that screws into the throttle position where the car is reved. I am sorry I cannot describe any better than this .. but if you look in that area you will see it. I just unscrewed it and increased the length of the screw that when the cables is lose it doesn't go down as much.

Well I can't really say if it really help my idle but it doesn't flutter that much when it is cold. Again I would like answers.
Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Steve Jarvis said:
I thought about adjusting the throttle position sensor. I guess I can give it a try. I may just call Larry and see what he thinks.

Later, Steve

Hey Steve if we could get together soon I think I can help. I put the HKS ETCS-less kit on and my car was idling too high. I found a way to lower it but it's too complicated to explain. It should also apply to raising yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts