Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy and import a 1986 or older (due to importation laws) motorcycle from the US.

I saw a few interesting examples and talk to the sellers.
But I don't know how to do all the steps remotely.
I'm guessing it's not too different compared to when you guys buy one in a different states.

Can you share some tips?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any direction as far as make and model you're looking for?
Not locked on anything , but Yamaha V-Max is an interesting candidate.
I'm open to suggestions , but 1986 or older is a must (reasonable price also , since it will be compounded with transportation and import taxes).

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
9,856 Posts
There's much you should ask for, but whether or not the information is accurate is up to the seller.

If it were me, I'd shop for a CB350, 550, 750 etc. Or a Suzuki GS. (Very reliable and easy to work on.)
The V-max bikes are a little more tricky when accessing the carbs for example.

Go for something chain driven rather than drive shaft.

Depending on your skill level, you could pick up a bike that needs some work, but overall pretty good shape for around $500-800 US.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's much you should ask for, but whether or not the information is accurate is up to the seller.

If it were me, I'd shop for a CB350, 550, 750 etc. Or a Suzuki GS. (Very reliable and easy to work on.)
The V-max bikes are a little more tricky when accessing the carbs for example.

Go for something chain driven rather than drive shaft.

Depending on your skill level, you could pick up a bike that needs some work, but overall pretty good shape for around $500-800 US.
Yeah I have been hearing the V-Max is hard to maintain and will be a real pain.
I'll see if I can find something that looks hot :)

·
Very Senior Member
9,918 Posts
Wow - that is remote!
I can't offer much for how to do this except add to let us know when you find a candidate and see if someone from the forum can go lay eyes on it and test ride it. You can post to the appropriate US area forum for candidates as well as this one.
Good luck.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow - that is remote!
I can't offer much for how to do this except add to let us know when you find a candidate and see if someone from the forum can go lay eyes on it and test ride it. You can post to the appropriate US area forum for candidates as well as this one.
Good luck.
With all the racist guys I smack left and right in off-topic I'm afraid members here will try screwing me up on purposes :)
I actually had the privilege of meeting one of old admins when he was on a business trip in Israel , cool guy , we got another VERY high profile admin mom sand from the wailing wall :)

·
Very Senior Member
9,918 Posts
With all the racist guys I smack left and right in off-topic I'm afraid members here will try screwing me up on purposes :)
I actually had the privilege of meeting one of old admins when he was on a business trip in Israel , cool guy , we got another VERY high profile admin mom sand from the wailing wall :)
You know, I don't go to OT much since I quit moderating that mess years ago. I always found that the guys most in OT did not own Supras and did not get into the other subforums much.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know, I don't go to OT much since I quit moderating that mess years ago. I always found that the guys most in OT did not own Supras and did not get into the other subforums much.
Well me being in a country that never imported Supra's don't have much to add to the other forums besides the Bikes/Other Cars.
And even in these forums there are some members that blow me out of the water in terms of knowledge so I mostly read and don't post.

In OT I can post and kick racists assholes butts :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts