Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I might be buying a TT auto tranny JDM, and does anyone know how I can tell for sure that it's real/authentic 100% through pictures? I don't want to end up buying an NA auto tranny.

I've searched supraforums.com and mkiv.com but couldn't find anything. I've read that the TT auto tranny bolts up directly with no problems to replace the NA auto tranny, so the shop should encounter no problems in switching it right? Just making sure and double checking.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doh, alright, i have no choice but to take the seller's word, but i guess i'll know once i bring the tranny past 350rwhp :p

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I would imagine there is a part number stamped on the trans. I would get it and call the dealer and ask if they can run it.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
If it has a throttle-cable looking piece on the drivers side of the trans, it's a NA or 1JZ trans. NA'S line pressure is cable controled, TT is solenoid controled.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yeah! cool, thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Also JDM 2jz-gte Soarers has the same box ... the deference is the rear flange ... it's like 3 blades fan shape while the Supras box will have the comletely round with three bolt holes flange.

The part # and model # are exactly the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts