Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, ive already checked the other post and couldn’t find one that helped.

Tried starting the car this morning but nothing. I was driving it last night and it was fine, I’ve noted that in the past the alarm has gone off and locked the car up in a similar way, to fix I would unplug the battery and repluged and that reset the system.

My alarm system has been a pain since I got the car. I don’t lock the car most of the time and when I do I usually lock it from the inside so the alarms shouldn’t be armed. The alarm will go off at random times whether the car is locked or not. Since the alarm is arming by its self I don’t think I can disable it at the doors.

What is the best way to disable the alarm in my case and how would I go about it.

I really need to know my supra will start, if I didn’t still have my celica (planning to sell) I would be f*?ked

Any help would be great.

· Registered
8 Posts
lol i had the same problem like you at 1st .. i got stuvk at pep boyz for an hour -_-
...then i did the battery trick but know when i leave the cari lock it from the outside. when i go back 2 open the door i unlock it and hold it in the unlock position when i open it .. if it goes off the manuel tells you put it back in the acc. mode if u try starting it it will shut down ..if that happens close the door and lock it and unlock it 3 times ..it shood work again

· Registered
43 Posts
i have the same problem, i lock my doors, and when i open it, the alarm goes, so i have to disconnect the battery to start my car up, so what i have been doing lately was opening the trunk and then open the doors, and never had a problem, but, i think i read some where that you can take apart the door panels and unplug the lock switch so the alarm wont go on.

· Premium Member
6,754 Posts
If its the factory alarm, just unplug the front hood latch sensor by the latch and you should be good to go! good luck, aight peace :chicken:

· Supra Hoarder...
1,006 Posts
On pre 89's you have to lock it with the interior switch and hold the handle up when closing..

when you unlock it, the wires are usually corroded so the alarm goes off..

on the 86.5, I have to just turn the car on, no problems..

on the 92 when it went off, I had to get out, lock the car with the key, and then unlock it, because when I tried to start it, the ignition wouldn't start...

· 7m love... dont hate.
2,728 Posts
just remove the alarm ecu its under the drivers dash towards the heater box. its a lil black box just unplug it and ground the blue/orange wire for the starter. the stock alarm is pretty much useless. get an aftermarket alarm.

· Supra Hoarder...
1,006 Posts
I have both, and sometimes when I unlock the doors with the remote, the stock alarm goes off...

sucked the first time, I panicked and held the panic button on my aftermarket alarm to turn it off, and they both started blaring..

shit was so cash..

· Registered
10 Posts
@88yota .

Does this work ok? I have been having sooo many issues with my alarm and the kill switch, if this is all I had to do then I would have done it a looong time ago. ha well I'm gonna try it out and I really hope this fixes my problem.

Do you know why the factory mk3 alarms are such a pain in the ace by chance? was there something wrong with them or is it just the technology from being so old?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.