Alright guys/gals, I've been getting a lot of PM's so here's a repost

*****ARMREST Nice Cheap Fix*****

Things you need:

2 black shelf clips - .07 each
2 little screws .05 each
mini phillips screw driver - .50
needle nose pliars - 1.00
and a brain (priceless) :)

1-Take the top lid off (mine was already broken off)
2-Take the little pins out with the pliars (pull them off to the sides)
3-Put the self clips where the pins where then put the pins back in
(this because the pins don't have enough room to fit)
4-Hold the Lid where you want it and screw them on the plastic bracket

Wahllah!

Enjoy! - HOPE THIS SOLVES YOUR PROBLEM

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
Any way you can give more detailed photos? I want to try this mod soon, but don't "quite" get how the hinge is attached by those shots. Mine is broken clean off, and this would be a superb way to save a few bucks. Thank you.

Steve T.

·
Registered
749 Posts
hockyplyer18 said:
i fixed mine with a ziptie! and u cant even tell
Iagree a couple of small tie wraps (black) per hinge works perfectly. The tie wrapos replace the brokken hinge supports. First, remove the top and then the two hinge pins. Drill two small holes in each hinge just big enough to pass the small tie wraps. The holes should be just in the top of the hinge in front of the hinge pin (side of the pin closest to the driver). Loop the tie wraps through the holes an up around the back part of the hinge. Place the lid assembly (minus cover) back and push the pins through the loops and into their original positions through the tie wrap. Cinch the tie wraps up snug and snipo off the excess. Push the tie wrap eyelets down behind the hing assembly so it is not visable. Fixed and unless you look really close looks perfectly stock.

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
I am leaning towards trying the zip tie mod myself, but will probably look around for these shelf clips also. I can conceptualize the zip tie mod better since I'm not intimately familiar with shelf clips.

Steve T.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts