Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at junk'd supra for parts. I happen to run across one supra that was in good shape but it smokes real bad.

the guy said that he was workin on the head (when it was off) and hood was off and it rained overnight got the motor all wet. shit..

then he said that he put the motor together and drained oil, put oil in and start up..

it runs and sounds good but smokes very very bad.. I checked the dip stick.. it had little bit of white residue (water mixed with oil) so we both tried to drain it out, put 1-2 qt of oil in,, drain out again trying to flush the whole "water" shit in it and one mechanic told me that a little bit of it wont hurt. just that you have to "burn it off" which means. white smoke for a while till it clears out..

im not really 100% sure on this.. any ideas .. I would like an expert who knows about this kind of issue. what will do. what shld be done?

pls help cuz I dont want to buy the car if it needs to be overhauled again even if its already in good shape and rebuilt.. just that it got water in.. argh!
(thank god its not MY car!)

ideas???

·
grease monkey
317 Posts
im not 100% sure on this and im sure sum1 will correct me if im wrong but i beleive if you jus run the car the water will evaporate and get sent thru the tailpipe cuz durrin short trips condensation builds up in the oil but def not to the extent where you will see it in the oil.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
buy a couple cases of cheap oil for 10 bucks a case (12 quarts of oil each case), fill-er-up, run it in the driveway for about 5 minutes to let it circulate and mix up,,, drain it out and fill er up again, repeat until you use up all the cheap oil and then you have to let the rest of the residue, which should be a small amount by the time you hit the 4th-5th flush burn off and evaporate through the pcv system which will take all fumes (which will include water vapors rising into the system then going through the intake), but thats probably the easiest way to cleanse the system without tearing everything down and rebuilding..... you dont want to run the car with alot of that water still in the oil as water isnt a very good lubricant as anyone who has had sex in the shower knows... youll risk damaging alot of components if you dont flush it out and cleanse that oil system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts