Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into a project to keep me busy this summer and I pick my MKIII. Right now it is mainly stock, but after I graduate I will have plenty of time and cash to dump into it. My horsepower goal is to be above 600 rwhp. My main concern is parts, it will to amount around $10k (if all parts are new).

I was wondering if sponsors are willing to give the 'oldskool' boys some props. Should I start locally, online, or both? How would I go about contacting them? "Hey bitches.. give me parts.. and I'll put a sticker on my car."

I will obtain my 600+ hp goal one way or another, but with sponsors it would be a little sooner than later.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
559 Posts
highly doubt itll happen... you have to have an awesome car to start out with first and i guess get some media coverage. those online sponsorship sites are scams

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
csolstad said:
highly doubt itll happen... you have to have an awesome car to start out with first and i guess get some media coverage. those online sponsorship sites are scams
I was thinking of the actual reputable sites like SF's sponsers and such.

·
Offical MkIII Pushman
1,797 Posts
good luck geting sponsers with out allready having a bult car, even then good luck.

·
Registered
583 Posts
ask supra junky he had some for a while

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
I was sponsored by two sponsors on this forum and it did not happen until I had already poured a good 5-10k of my own money into it. A real and true sponsor isn't going to even look at you until you have put the time and effort in and have gotten some sort of exposure and put yourself out there and marketed yourself to an extent.

There is NO reputable place out there that will sponsor you along the way or from the beginning. It's not smart business practice and doesn't make any sense to take a car and person that nobody knows and makes them a recognized name and car. It just doesn't work that way.

Build your car up yourself and spend the necessary money just like everybody else. If you are lucky and do it the right way and are smart about it, maybe somebody somewhere will take notice. Aside from that, you are on your own for the most part.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
10 % is $1000
I will be doing the work myself either way. I just wanted some discounted parts.

·
Registered
481 Posts
so is 1000 bux worth someone else taking credit for your effort and having stickers all ova ya car and haveing to be dedicated in showing up to meets and making sponsers happy??? i believe a true sponser should be with u from the start, advertising is a risk..

quote look at you until you have put the time and effort in and have gotten some sort of exposure and put yourself out there and marketed yourself to an extent.

There is NO reputable place out there that will sponsor you along the way or from the beginning. It's not smart business practice and doesn't make any sense to take a car and person that nobody knows and makes them a recognized name and car. It just doesn't work that way.

thats like betting on a horse thats out in front with 20 meters to go IMO

if u are at a stage that ya car is worthy or someone wanting to sponser u then u have obviosly done a good job on ya own, so fuck em

·
Supra hail dent king :(
1,155 Posts
i've learned that if you buy parts from the same place and get to know the owner/seller real well. you get good discounts.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
The easiest way to get sponsored is to know the people :) and that they know your goals and your priorities, both of the places I go to I get parts at cost or 10% above cost :) its all about who you know also :) aight peace :chicken:

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
slimdigits said:
I'm looking into a project to keep me busy this summer and I pick my MKIII. Right now it is mainly stock, but after I graduate I will have plenty of time and cash to dump into it. My horsepower goal is to be above 600 rwhp. My main concern is parts, it will to amount around $10k (if all parts are new).

I was wondering if sponsors are willing to give the 'oldskool' boys some props. Should I start locally, online, or both? How would I go about contacting them? "Hey bitches.. give me parts.. and I'll put a sticker on my car."

I will obtain my 600+ hp goal one way or another, but with sponsors it would be a little sooner than later.

Any suggestions?

make it look and run like a 1 day old car with boatloads of money and time invested in it... :madjerk:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
To get sponsored you gotta show the companies what you're gonna be doing. Companies don't want noobs to strut their logos on their car, they want pros who do what they do best.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
EdgeSupra said:
mkIIIs look better without stickers covering them.
That's where good negotiation skills come in handy. I had one on the windshield and one on the back window. Fight to get what you want. Give and take :D

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
As stated by Trent a minimum of 10k to even get considered. 30k+ to have a damn good shot at getting sponsored. BTW that is 30,000 dollars of your OWN money not thiers ;) Chekc out Craig Leiberman here in SF and he will tell you the same thing.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
visa and mastercard are always giving sponsorships!!

·
Big HP = Big Downtime
2,995 Posts
I live by a guy with a meguires prelude. Hes required to show up at certain meets, He has meguires stickers EVERYWHERE on the car. He has every meguires product known to man that they just give to him. Its not something id want though.

The car is mint. Its a pure show car all custom interior. custom paint, screens in every seat, dvd etc etc etc. it is supercharged and runs a decent quarter mile can't remember the exact time.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts