Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when the battery is dead and its automatic transmission . Which means the car will not start. Any kind of manual override ?

thanks

·
Registered
429 Posts
You should be able to put the key in the on position in the ignition... step down on the brake pedal... and click it down into neutral.... Just as if you were driving normally.

Also i havent seen an auto k4 in person but isnt there a manual override button? If there is you can just push that button and move the shifter.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Even with a dead battery you should be able to put the key in, turn the ignition, then engage it? I've done this with other cars and it didn't require any electrical power, just a key to turn the lock cylinder. I don't have an auto Supra though.
I think the worst case scenario is to buy some jumper cables or a battery booster.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Yes im pretty sure it doesnt matter if you have power. If it does then there is a manual override. Its next to the shifter, and you have to take out the little plastic piece and stick a screwdriver in there. I think its a pita to get to though.

Alex

·
Registered
417 Posts
Alx2785 said:
Yes im pretty sure it doesnt matter if you have power. If it does then there is a manual override. Its next to the shifter, and you have to take out the little plastic piece and stick a screwdriver in there. I think its a pita to get to though.

Alex
if you're talking about the shift lock, in most cars, the actual car key should fit perfectly into the hole.
i've used a flat head for my mum's car once and stretched the shitter out of the plastic hole 'cause it was too big.
only until later on did i realise that the car key is a perfect fit.
:bigthumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts