Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently installed HID Stage II lights on to my dawg and now want to add matching bulbs to the turn signals? how do I get to the bulbs? Do I need to take the front bumper off to gain access? I noticed the front cover of the turn signals had some pop off looking parts on the bottom, I was thinking I could use something (screwdriver?) to push these in and pop the front off and gain access that way. Any advice?

Thanks

Enrique M.
97 TT 6spd

Y

·
0 Posts
if you are talking about the turnsignals just under the main head lights (wich it sounds like those are what you are discribing) all you have to do is take out the main headlights and then they are easy to reach, just put your hand throught the hole - It's either an 8 or 10mm nut. . . heck you might be able to just stick your hand in the small air dam there and be able to pull it off. . . no mater - if you take out your main headlights, you can get to all the others - sidemarkers - turn sig's -

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would like to avoid having to take off the headlamps or front bumper. Is there some way of getting to that nut by the front air dam? I've checked for screws/nuts/bolts but didn't find any, are they behind the light housing? Anybody ever gone though changing these bulbs?

Thanks,

Enrique M.
97 TT 6spd

·
Registered
248 Posts
why don't you just reach back there(stick your hand under the turn signal), grap a hold of the socket and twist it, than pull it out. its the same way you would replace your headlight bulbs. i don't see how this could be so hard to do. if your talking about removing the whole turn signal, then you can do it with or without removing the headlights. a few minutes is all it takes..."grab -n- twist -n- pull".

bobby
97 6-spd

Y

·
0 Posts
tt4playn said:
why don't you just reach back there(stick your hand under the turn signal), grap a hold of the socket and twist it, than pull it out. its the same way you would replace your headlight bulbs. i don't see how this could be so hard to do. if your talking about removing the whole turn signal, then you can do it with or without removing the headlights. a few minutes is all it takes..."grab -n- twist -n- pull".

bobby
97 6-spd
all you want is the bulb??. . . umm yeah, what he said

1 - 5 of 5 Posts