Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
S2 // SZ // Manual
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've always wondered how people get this look on Supra builds, does anyone know how to achieve this stanced look?
Basically the front is close to the ground (with the lip) and the rear is slightly lifted up, giving it that angle.
I assume that its the larger rear wheels (someone please explain how some people get "larger" tyres on the rears) and some suspension to do a general drop on height.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
To add: these cars have a naturally raked look to the body itself when sitting level. You don't want to lift the back end too much, it can negatively affect handling.

Also, 28" tires are a little hard to fit on the car. You have to remove the plastic fuel tank shield. A wide 28" tire might not fit without trimming. I ran 28's for drag racing only, but I was using 16x9 N/A rims. The above suggestion for 26.5" tires may be a better option.

Al

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Basically the front is close to the ground (with the lip) and the rear is slightly lifted up, giving it that angle.
Just to be clear, its called "Rake" when the rear is lifted or the front is lowered to an obvious unlevel angle towards the front. The other way around is called "Reverse Rake" where the rear sags lower than the front. There's also the "Carolina Squat" named after the idiots that ruin perfectly good trucks and slam the ass end down so their windshield becomes a skylight and a blind spot all in one.

·
Registered
200 Posts
One note that may be obvious come night time....readjust your headlights

• Helpful
Reactions: Vorukanu

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
To readjust headlights, you have to establish a "base" setting before changing vehicle height, ie: pieces of tape on the garage door where the beams hit. Otherwise, you're just guessing.

Personally, I wouldn't mess with it for a tire that's an inch taller.

Al

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
As T6Rocket mentioned, you need to set a base line and then its a piece of cake. I park about 2 feet from my garage door and put a piece of dark colored tape where the center of the low beam hits. Then back up at least 2 full car lengths (more if you have a level driveway) and adjust the beams to match up to those pieces of tape on the garage door and your done. If your driveway isn't flat, find a random parking lot at night, just gotta be a level ground.

·
The Great Beast 666
687 Posts
Just to be clear, its called "Rake" when the rear is lifted or the front is lowered to an obvious unlevel angle towards the front. The other way around is called "Reverse Rake" where the rear sags lower than the front. There's also the "Carolina Squat" named after the idiots that ruin perfectly good trucks and slam the ass end down so their windshield becomes a skylight and a blind spot all in one.
so r*dneck sunroof?

• Haha
Reactions: Kris9884
1 - 11 of 11 Posts