Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm running TTC. using HKs EZ, how should I hookup my stepping motor to stock twin system?

according to HKS instruction manual: port1 goes to intake manifold pressure source which I T'd into the metal line that stock BOV connects to.
Port2 I connected to #1 turbo housing.
Port3 I connected to top of #1 turbo wastegate actuator, used a rubber nipple to cap the bootom of the actuator.

does that seem right t to you guys?

thanx

Jonas

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn...I just send you a mail a monute ago.
thanx Andi!

Jonas

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't HKS recommend hooking it up to the pressure tank.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HKS's wrong?
damn! I just helped my friend hooking up his EVC4 to his sequential set-up, it took me 2 hours just to hook that vacuum line to the pressure tank line....how is it wrong Andi?

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Zerosoul said:
HKS's wrong?
damn! I just helped my friend hooking up his EVC4 to his sequential set-up, it took me 2 hours just to hook that vacuum line to the pressure tank line....how is it wrong Andi?
That method does an implicit "EBV mod" that makes the the torque curve SICK.... like this:

See that fugly dip in the torque curve? That's awful. It's caused by the EBV mod that the HKS instructions thru the pressure tank recommend.... (also known as the greddy instructions and the rod millen instructions.)

The best way to install any boost controller on any stock twins supra is the way you described in the first post in this thread.... It's the way Blitz says to install it also...

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/blitz_dsbc/index.html

Regards,
Andi

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I heard if its not hooked to pressure tank, #2 turbo will be wrecked because of pre-spool action? again, I have no idea why HKS wanna to hook step motor to pressure tank source anyway, do you know ANdi?

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Zerosoul said:
I heard if its not hooked to pressure tank, #2 turbo will be wrecked because of pre-spool action? again, I have no idea why HKS wanna to hook step motor to pressure tank source anyway, do you know ANdi?
I already answered you..... the HKS/Greddy/Millen install method is the one that hurts both turbos more (#1 turbo boosts more, #2 gets less prespool) and makes that very undriveable torque curve.

You heard wrong. I know this for a fact, it's been discussed hundreds of times on the MKIV list over the past couple of years I've been on it.

Andi

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ouch! thanx for the info...now I have to decide whether to re-install my friends ECV4 or not. its really a bitch to get to that vacuum hose...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How many psi was he seeing on the #1? You don't even have to answer the question :D
Doesn't the seem awful high.... I still can't figure out why HKS recommends hooking it up that way b/c you have no control over the boost on the number one....

Zerosoul said:
HKS's wrong?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts