Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I am trying to set up my Front spoiler but since i have a FMIC already installed i am unable to bolt it up as its in the way.

I dont want to take the FMIC off but still be able to put the spoiler on.

Can any one please point me to the right direction or If some one already done it can they please post up some pics of the install in detail.

Appreciate your help guys

1996 BPU MKIV JSPEC

· Banned
3,376 Posts
Ok. First step. Use the little button on top that says search. It will unlock a glorious world filled with information about your question. No reason to keep posting up the same questions over and over again. This forum runs slow enough already due to the lack of bandwidth. Eitherway long answer short you are not going to be able to use the active spoiler with the front mount unless you just bolt it on.

· Boost4fun
1,931 Posts
+1

You have to decide: Wheter the active spoiler OR the FMIC. Both together doesn´t work. Sorry, bro

· 2JZ NA-T
7,624 Posts
i really dont get what everyone wants the active spoiler for... half of the people that put it on wont ever even need the added downforce.... ditch the spoiler and keep the front mount, looks 100000times better with a front mount and you can actually use its benefits

· It's all ball bearings...
1,130 Posts
kureazy: This link should answer most of your questions. If you want the active spoiler to be "active" it's a one-or-the-other proposition without doing a complete custom intercooler setup :( Otherwise, you can just install the lip portion of the spoiler in a fixed position while retaining the FMIC. I hope that helps.

Chris

· Band on the Run
2,612 Posts
also doesnt that active spoiler weigh like an extra 50 pounds? because its electric and can be switched up/down? Why would you want that anyway if you have an FMIC at least you have a performance part thats light weight and helping your turbos.

· It's all ball bearings...
1,130 Posts
BeyondTheGrave77: If you install the full active spoiler system with motor, brackets, etc., the weight is less than 20 lbs I would say. The motor and spindle aren't that heavy, I would actually guess more like 15 lbs or less with everything, but I'll leave some margin for error in there. If you install only the active spoiler lip so that it is in a fixed (non-active) position, the added weight is less than a couple pounds. The lip itself is urethane and weighs practically nothing, the retainers are thin metal brackets, and the only other items you would need to do this would be the fasteners to attach the lip to the car. A you can see here, not much to it:

MR.2JZ: :)

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.