Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to install head unit and speakers?
I am beginner on stereo, is it hard to install it?
what are the good fit head unit for 94 supraTT?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ya I'd like to know about the HU installing as well... as for the speakers its simple... just *for the fronts* take off teh door and cover and take out speakers and replace... for the back speakers just pop off the screens and replace the speakers... *4"s for the fronts and i got 6.5"s in the back*... but ya if anyone has some pics or a website on how to install a HU on a supra plz lmk..

Rob~

also for those who were goin to say it... i've searched "installing receiver, installing headunit, install receiver, install headunit" and i got this thread and one other... so plz if anyone has some pics on how to do it let us know

·
Shawn Davis
1,662 Posts
Not quite that easy for the fronts since nobody has found an aftermarket speaker that both fits the enclosure and lines up with the stock screw positions. If you don't mind putting long screws into the enclosure wherever they'll fit then you can do it. Otherwise you need an adaptor plate.

I understand the stock tweeters are a bitch to get to also.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i got 4" infinities in my fronts (452i's) and they fit pretty easily...

Also anyone got that HU install site or pics by chance?

Rob~

OR if someone has a page where it shows how to get the dash/front off then that'll be fine since i kow how to install a HU, just dont wanna tear up my dash

·
road hazard
452 Posts
i've gotten my boston pros 4in to fit into the door panel as well.

to remove the dash panels, take off the top portion first(odometer/icon lights, etc). i think there are 3 screws holding this in. once you get that off, remove the ashtray first and then just pull off the panel surrounding the shifter. then the panel with the climate controls should pull out as well.

note: when you unplug the odometer, your airbag light will be on after you plug it back in. just check out the tech articles on the mkiv.com backup site for the fix.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OOOO ... thats why the damn thing is on... about 2 years ago b4 i knew how to do this stuff i had a local shop install my first alpine pos deck and i could never figure out why the airbaglight was on lol thanks toy

RoB~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts