Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my rear speakers. How do I get back there??
I noticed and removed the three screws, but am a little too afraid to break anything by pulling on the panel too hard.
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Aaron

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Assuming you are talking about a mkiv supra, you can carefully pry off the speaker grill and it will pop off. Then remove the screws surrounding the speaker itself. It should come right off, but some people report the rear speaker being glued to the plastic mounting. This was not the case on my 94 supra. The fronts were glued, but the rears were not.

--Rich

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
for the record, mine had glue as well

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what do you mean by "it destroys the imaging"? (keep in mind, im a moron, so be gentle.)

·
Addicted 2 Power
57 Posts
If anyone could answer why should you not put in back speakers I would greatly appreciate it.

I pulled off the door panels to find the stock speakers foam outer rim laying inside the stock box. So I am now planning on putting some cheap head unit in along with a good amp and speakers for the time until I get back around to putting in a nice headunit and subs. I know the old adage crap in = crap out but I am not interested with sound at this current moment I am busy with other things like getting the body work done and getting it back on the road. Thanks for the info.

Peace

·
Cope, the dip of champs!
267 Posts
if you have speakers all over the car the sound waves will bounce off of each other creating distortion. subwoofers are unidirectional which is why you can place them anywhere in the car or your home in a home theater system. mids and tweets need to be facing you for optimum sound. in a car this is near impossible so having them as far forward in the car is ideal. its like going to a concert and you are facing the stage. a lot of new car audio systems have time alignment to adjust the time that the sound reaches you. bear in mind that this is best if you drive alone because you will tune it to the drivers position. if youre in the back it might sound pretty awful. for the best possible sound quality you are suppossed to have a good pair of comp. speakers up front and a sub. if you had a dvd 5.1 system then you would want speakers all around with a center channel too. try going to a car audio shop with multiple sound boards and have them tune into the same radio station on several stereos while you are facing one of the boards. it will sound weird until you turn off all of the ones you are not facing.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am curious as to how all of you managed to change the speakers? I got some boston acoustics for the front a while back and i had to cut special pieces out of wood for them to fit (stupid toyota and their 3 holes)

How did you all do it?

Thanks, Johann

1 - 10 of 10 Posts