Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1 of 320 hardtopper
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been discussed many times, but the search engine is not working.I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to properly launch my car. I recently raced my friend in his 4 door integra gsr n/a with bolt on, nothing crazy. He got a 1 car jump on me but I was even with him until 60 then I quickly pass him. I also lose to my friend in his bolt on 91 nsx, but I started to reel him in quickly at around 80. Both of friends thinks the supra is slow/unless under 70mph. I'm currently running a blitz turbo(k6850r) at 16psi with all the supporting mods. I'm running yokohama 275/40/17 on bss modas. I kept on spinning out my tires, but there are days where my car will just catch traction and quickly take off. Me getting a good launch is a hit and miss, but majority of the time it's a miss. I remember one time I got a very good lauch and manage to take out a lotus elise from a dig. I know the previous owner took this car to the track and hit 10's with it. Story for the long post, but thanks for reading.

MOD LIST:

Blitz k6850r
850cc injector
AEM EMS ECU
HKS DLI
DP/Exhuast
6 Putch Clutch

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
easy, here is the best way i learned

ok you know how you leave from a stop light at like 1500 rpms or so, well just do the same exact thing at about 5k. if your tires are stickey enough youl pull about a 1.8 60 foot all the time.

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Get a real tire on it and take the advice of the post above :) A decently sized MT radial should be a good start for your application :)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
well dont mean to jack your thread or anything but what type times should i be looking at on mid 900hp, with the welds 15in combo, but no skinys up front?

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
easy, here is the best way i learned

ok you know how you leave from a stop light at like 1500 rpms or so, well just do the same exact thing at about 5k. if your tires are stickey enough youl pull about a 1.8 60 foot all the time.
I tried that but wheel hopped like a mofo at the track but just spun and grabbed on the street. Nitto NT555r's.

Going to the track friday afternoon. Hopefully no wheel hop.

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
what tire pressure should i drop my tires to?

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
id suggest about 19 or so in some KDW's. bfg's would be about the same but i dont know about a MT.

DrMike
it is a fine line bettween wheel hop and a good launch, its all about how aggressive you are on the clutch though. try letting it out a little slower next time. also it has alot to do with what rear shocks you have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts