Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
13,222 Posts
** UPDATE**

I shimmed b-02 with the sizes stated above with a solid aluminum rod. I have not had trans mission problems on my Aristo since @ 385 WHP daily and 390 tq. HOWEVER, I do not beat it very much first to second knowing that it doesn't like the shifts.... I also noted that the trans does not shift first as fast as the other gears because it doesn't have enough fluid flowing. Drilling the plates bigger like I say later in my posts (valve body upgrade) will basically fix this but I don't know which ones to drill or how much to make them bigger.

I should also note there is a smalller spring in C-2 maybe to make shifts harder because the aristo holds more power? ** edit i'm sure the extra spring is to make it shift hard 2nd,3rd, and 4th since the aristo seems to hold the power**

13,222 Posts
So I shimmed b0 and b2. I left C2 the same because of the extra spring. The shifts are much faster and harder 1-2 but it still doesn't help 1-2 shift very much when at WOT, I just don't think there is enough line pressure to force the transmission to switch gears fast enough... I wish I knew what holes to drill bigger on the valve body.....

13,222 Posts
Ok so just to follow up, still shifts hard and fast but I think i'm just making too much power on the stock twins around 420whp 420ish tq... It's holding so far but still rides the tq converter hard on first gear, but not so much as it did. Again, drilling the plates to allow more line pressure would fix this i believe.

13,222 Posts
What was your best 60'? I'm not all that interested in changing diff gears to be honest. I'd put a small shot of nitrous on it to get it to leave quicker before i changed diff gears. My buddy has run a 1.46 60' with stock 3.9 cressida LSD and a 50 shot on it.

Surprising that you found someone to build you a 9" converter with lock up clutch. The biggest you can take a stock size a340 stall is 3200 so im not sure how they thought they would get it 4500 without using a smaller case.

Procured my 4th trans (been buying them all up for $20 a pop while i still can) as I want to go 9's on the cressida a340. Pictures of tear down and rebuild to come!
99 SC300 daily beater 11 second street tire build. - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion I don't know if you seen this but he went 9.8 way back when on stock A340 just shimmed and drilled. Did like 150 1/4 mile passes thing would not die.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.