Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the link on MKIV for reading check engine code? I remember seeeing my shop using only 1 wire and hook up to 2 terminals.

thanx

Jonas

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx! can someone explain to me how I can connect 3 terminals together?

". The diagnostic trouble mode (normal or test) and the output of the malfunction indicator lamp can be selected by connecting the TE1, TE2 and E1 terminals on the data link connector 2, as shown later. "

because I wanna check and see if my check engine function is working..

"Diagnosis Inspection (Normal Mode)
MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP CHECK

The malfunction indicator lamp will come on when the ignition switch is turned ON and the engine is not running. HINT: If the malfunction indicator lamp does not lightup, proceed to troubleshooting of the telltale light RH (See page BE-61)
When the engine is started, the malfunction indicator lamp should go off. If the light remains on, the diagnosis system has detected a malfunction or abnormality in the system. "

thanx

Jonas

·
Very Senior Member
9,962 Posts
Zerosoul said:
thanx! can someone explain to me how I can connect 3 terminals together?

". The diagnostic trouble mode (normal or test) and the output of the malfunction indicator lamp can be selected by connecting the TE1, TE2 and E1 terminals on the data link connector 2, as shown later. "

because I wanna check and see if my check engine function is working..
thanx

Jonas
read it again -
The diagnostic trouble code can be read by the number of blinks of the malfunction indicator lamp when TE1 and E1 terminals on the data link connector 1 or 2 are connected.

you connect TE1 and E1 for diagnostic mode and TE2 and E1 for test mode.
just take a short piece of wire, strip the ends, and stick each end in the designated terminals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts