Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i bought a 7mgte a long time ago, the problem now is removing the stock 7mge i had in my car. i got through removing the motor mounts but is dropping the trans really needed? it's super hard to remove the upper two trans bolt and also the starter. That's where i'm stuck and even if i was able to remove those bolts will the engine even come out? it's a 5 spd. Is there any special technique to this? PLEASE HELP!!! can anyone give me a full explaination on how removing the engine is done on this car? Thank you very much for your time :sadwavey:

·
Supranian
2,007 Posts
If you're replacing the engine why not pull the whole engine and tranny together that way you can remove the tranny and bolt it up to the new engine at once and then install it all back as one unit. BTW if you are going with a 7MGTE engine you may want to consider using the R154 tranny behind it. I don't know how long a W58 (N/A Tranny) will last behind a turbo engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sigh i really want to pull out the trans and replace it with the r154, but one i don't have the cash....and without that i'm screwed...so i really need to find a way on how to pull out that 7mge without pulling out the trans, maybe there's a ceretain perspective or technique that haven't thought of yet...thanks again for replying

·
Registered
189 Posts
lots of extensions and a u-joint. lots of patience under there too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Either you drop the tranny a bit and go in with a very long extension (about 1 metre, I guess).

But if you're really crazy and have small fingers, you can use these:

For opening just stick an extension on the "open end" for getting more power on these bolts.
It really worked! :freak: :freak:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts