Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my supra has a molded fiber glass body kit.the only things molded are the sides and the rear add ons.I keep scrappin the front bumper and I just recently jacked up my sideskirt.I want to go back to stock body so I was wondering if anyone knew how this can be done.I honestly like the stock body better too and I plan on making the car a drag car too.

· Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't post pics atm bc I'm on my phone but everything looks like its one piece I just didn't have the front bumper molded.I figured I rear bumper will need to be replaced and since the fenders are metal that they fiberglass and body filler can be sanded off or grinded off.I'm just curious if what I'm guessing is right.just that I'm tiered of not being able to drive comfortable w.o any worried of pot holes or speed bumps.plus I plan on making it a drag car too.

· ELITECUSTOMBODY
7,365 Posts
remove any exposed hardware like clips and screws around wheelwells ,grab and start pulling on the molded pieces,not sure if you're trying to save the kit, but some won't come off as easy as others,depending on the quality of the install, good luck

Stefan

ninja edit, there might be hidden under filler rivets or screws on the door jamb rocker panel area

· Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car will be street/drag I wana be able to drive it around town u know.I mean the car looks good but its to much of a hassle to deal with fixing fiber glass or moldings.I just wana drive with no worries and not have to spend money fixing body parts when I can spend it on the engine you knowm

· Wingless FTW
2,432 Posts
With the exception of that wing, I like the Do Luck front/ Veilside sides & rear combo.

(Obviously).

· CreamTeam®
634 Posts
fuck pulling it apart your self, find a legit body shop and save your self time and money, regardless your going to have to repaint n e ways...

· Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I honestly regret putting the body kit on.it looks good its just I really love the stock body and I'm just really curious how hard and what's needed to bring it back to stock body.I might end up keeping the kit and just raise it up I'm honestly now sure.I think its bc the car right now is a daily driver and I really hate that but it'll change soon.I also don't wana keep putting miles on it it only has 58k miles right now.

· Registered
184 Posts
i had the same issue as you did, for the rear add ons, i put my hand at the bottom and just ripped it of, on both sides, leaving all this rock solid fibreglass on my arches, got my grinder out and took it to the arch going to metal in some areas:( then hand sanded the remains of, skimmed the area with a small amount of filler, sand it it back to shape and primed it

for my skirts they wasnt so bad, only a little fibreglass filler was stuck to the sills, got my grinder out again and removed as much thick paste as i could, then hand sanded the rest, got facebook? i use it as my supra diary, will be pics on there of how i did mine

to anyone else out there, who gets bored of a look quite quickly....dont go blended!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.