Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help me out and tell me the secret to removeing the dash and pillars without completely destroying them. i am taking a n interior out of a parts car to try painting it black and ive got everything but the dash and pillars. i've removed all the nuts screw i can find on the dash and the bottoms loose but it still seems to be attached to something on the top and i can't find anything else, the pillars i have no clue about i figured you could take off the oh shit handles and there would be screws or something but the end caps wrap around the handle and i don't wanna break em. Please hlep me out fellas!!!!!! thanks

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Each a-pillar has two screws. On the end of each "oh-shit handle" the end pieces can be moved slightly towards the middle of each pillar to reveal scews underneath of them. Take those off and they will come right off.

For the dash, there is not that many screws holding it on. One thing to do to get some more room is remove the steering column pieces so you can remove the two large (17mm?) bolts supporting the steering wheel up. Remove those and you will be able to drop the steering wheel way down so you dont actually have to remove the steering wheel.

Make sure the speedo cable is diconected, it sits into a small plastic groove holding the dash in place.

Disconnect everything on the harness. For mine I had to pull the harness off of all the plastic clips that were securing it down, that was not a fun job as some of them it is hard to get your hands in to reach.

Obviously you need to remove the glove box, climate control assembly and centre concsole.

I believe there is a bolt on each side of the dash, they are kind of low. There should be a bolt/nut on a support bar up in the glove box area. There is one or two behind the gauge cluster, and there is one or two in the climate control area.

Good luck.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
I gave up due to bolts facing the wrong way, meaning the threaded side was pointing towards me. I masked off, painted, and realized what a waste of 3 hours trying to remove the dash was.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
They were the dash supports. One was behind the spedo. Pointy end of the screw was facing towards me. Enclosed in plastic except for the top. Dash was connected by it... yea serious :wtf:. I also had another above the ecu just like this... I dunno what's up with all this weird shit in my car, I didn't put it there I swear! :run:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what is it made of

what are our dashes made of, i'm thinking vinyl, if so is it considered hard vinyl, i'm getting ready to paint my interior and i wanted to know if i could use the fusion paint cuz i heard that it works awesome and i don't want any chips, thanks again fellas, i got the dash out and the pillars in ten minutes after reading the thread

1 - 11 of 11 Posts