Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My overdrive switch is stuck in O/D. I'm trying to remove it to repair or replace. How do you remove it from the car?

I got the console trim off, the access cover off the back of the shifter off, unscrewed the switch from shift handle, and unscrewed the shift handle from the stick. But I can't lift the shift handle off the stick because O/D switch wires are not long enough to clear the stick. The wires go down into the tranny tunnel so I can't fine a connector to disconnect.

If you've done this before, you know what I'm talking about.

Help, Help!!

G

·
Yeah, those are a bitch to get out..... Just take the cover off the switch, but be careful, there is a spring in there so it'll pop out and you could lose it....pull the two wires out and that's it, you got switch and hand, and you can now pull shifter out....Not too good descriptions but, it's the best I could do without pics..

By cover I meant the back piece(whit one) inside the shifter itself....Let me know what happens....

G

·
guys, slow down. isnt that a sign of a problem in the trans when the light is stuck on? or how about this- does it not shift into/out of our dual overdrives? dual because there are what seems like two gears in my O/D.

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
There is only one overdrive.

However, "2" in the gear selector, is actually 2nd and 3rd (AND 1st if you aren't going fast enough). Don't dick with the O/D switch. "2" is your non-O/D gearing. L to 2 is the only shifting you should be doing if you are racing, btw (knock it up into D [with O/D on obviously] if you plan on getting some high speed).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts