Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sai: Does anyone know of a good way I Can Safely (With in reason) get tree sap off my hood? There's a LARGE tree that loom's over my driveway and we've always had the problem of tree sap..... I've tried rubbing it off with the sponge while washing, and turtle wax Bug&tar remover which didn't really help.....I Want to find a way to get this crap off my car...my car looks pretty good after being waxxed but it REALLY brings out the Sap and kinda give's it a Crappy look at the same time.....Any Idea's? Also, I Have a Bad problem with water spotting...what cause's water spot's? After it rain's I look at other Car's, and No spot's, Mine will be covered in them. it's odd. Well, One more thing, My Wiper arm's are a Bit rusty...I Was thinking about taking them off and maybe using some steel wool on em, or might try somthing else if anyone has any suggestion's.....What about those colored (I think Plastic) Wiper arm's or whatever I See around? Are there any that will fit/ work on an MKII? wonder if it would look kinda ricey?.....Ok, Guess I've babbled enough, Thanks for reading this, any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
toyodasupra1985 said:
:sai: Does anyone know of a good way I Can Safely (With in reason) get tree sap off my hood? There's a LARGE tree that loom's over my driveway and we've always had the problem of tree sap..... I've tried rubbing it off with the sponge while washing, and turtle wax Bug&tar remover which didn't really help.....I Want to find a way to get this crap off my car...my car looks pretty good after being waxxed but it REALLY brings out the Sap and kinda give's it a Crappy look at the same time.....Any Idea's? Also, I Have a Bad problem with water spotting...what cause's water spot's? After it rain's I look at other Car's, and No spot's, Mine will be covered in them. it's odd. Well, One more thing, My Wiper arm's are a Bit rusty...I Was thinking about taking them off and maybe using some steel wool on em, or might try somthing else if anyone has any suggestion's.....What about those colored (I think Plastic) Wiper arm's or whatever I See around? Are there any that will fit/ work on an MKII? wonder if it would look kinda ricey?.....Ok, Guess I've babbled enough, Thanks for reading this, any suggestions?
Hrm, the Bug&tar remover should have worked. Try putting some more elbow grease into it. :) As for water spots, they come from the minerals in the water. Try hand towling the car off every time you wash it. For the wiper arm, just sand off (with sand paper) the rust, then mask everything off and paint repaint the arms with flat back paint. Keeping the things clean is the key to making them last.

Get a car cover and dont park it under trees. :p

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rubbing alcohol should work really well but will remove any wax you have on the car too. Find another place to park!!:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts