Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought Apex Twin Chamber Blow-Off-Valve Kit. Could someone explain how to set it to proper pressure response?

Do I have to bypass OEM BOV? So only APEX'i BOV will work or maybe both BOV's should work...

Thanx

·
boost is good
772 Posts
hey, with the apexi bov, just run it and the stock together...run the vacume line from the apexi bov and "T" it into the stock bov's vacume line....

as far as adjustment, when i used to have it i had about 1/4 inch or less threads above the nut.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Peter,

I also have left the stock BOV in place. Mine is set at the stiffest setting (stud does not stick out above the nut) because I thought it opened sometimes too soon.

Flavio

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But in APEX'i owner manual is written that I should block my stock BOV by capping two hoses.

What will be if I bypass stock BOV?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Peter Poland said:
But in APEX'i owner manual is written that I should block my stock BOV by capping two hoses.

What will be if I bypass stock BOV?
Try it out I would say. Other people have had idling problems when they removed the stock BOV. I think it's safer to leave it in anyway since I find it hard to set the level at which the APEX'i BOV opens.

Flavio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts