Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
brain Lag,Nos to spool up
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anybody explain my how to set coilovers for street racing and how to set them up for drag racing ?? I mean height and dampening, basic guide will be enought.

Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
hi!
i would set the height as high as posible to get as long damping as posible if you understand what io mean:p
the bound(compress) would i set as soft as posible. to alow the car to squat as fast as posible
and the rebound (expand) would i set as slow as posible to have maximum weight over the rear wheel as posible for as long time as posible.

but that's just me and how i would try:)

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'm confused. Most of the people on this site seem to think that soft in the rear and hard in the front is the best set-up for drag-racing. If you go on Steeda's site, you will see that their drag suspensions are set up the exact opposite, being stiff in the rear and soft in the front.

Can any of the seasoned drag racers give their view on this?

·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm

I can't find any guide how to play with suspension, I really want to know how to set suspension for drag and road racing I know that there is some special setup for drifting. It's really confusing have something and can't find how to set it up.

·
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and ... I found nothing...

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
brandon,

i believe u want the lighter springs in the rears but the dampening set to full stiff. That way in between shifts, the car does not bounce as hard when the weigh tranfers. You want the softer springs so the car squats. You want the front to be dampen less so when the car does bounce, the bounce will send the weigh back to the rear tires. That is how a rear wheel car is supposed to be stage i believe,

good luck,
Sid

1 - 8 of 8 Posts