Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
slower than a turtle
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car is a 1989 NA non lsd. i have a 1987 4.3 lsd laying around that i want to swap into my car. to swap them do i just move the internals over or do i have to switch the houseings to

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
supraguru05 said:
my car is a 1989 NA non lsd. i have a 1987 4.3 lsd laying around that i want to swap into my car. to swap them do i just move the internals over or do i have to switch the houseings to
Do it the easy way swap the diff head complete or like me you need to keep the same ratio then change your orginal crown gear on to the replacment lsd unit reusing orginal housing

PS Put oil in BEFORE bolting diff head in

Diff head

·
Registered
132 Posts
supraguru05 said:
1989 NA non lsd??
1987 4.3 lsd ??

What's the differenzes?

·
JZS161 Aristo TT
881 Posts
supraguru05 said:
jason can you elaborate on what you mean. i want to do it the way that will work the best overall.
Best way less hassle and labour is remove and replace
Gain LSD loss = speedo accuracy

Use drjonez awsome info site to work out you ratio gain/loss

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Both are 4.30:1 ratios, so speedometer will not change, it's fine. Bolt the whole pumpkin into the car, just take off the driveshaft and half shafts, take the old pumpkin out, and bolt the LSD one in, nothing else to it, everything will bolt up and work fine.

·
Registered
583 Posts
^^^^^^ good advice right there, i was gunna just slap one in my car until you said that thank you.

·
slower than a turtle
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
jeff you said exactly what i needed to hear. thats what i was trying to ask. ill rebuild it first i knew they were clutch packs even though none of my friends belived a car came factory with a cluth lsd.

ok after i posted this i serched on my normal sites and then jay marks and couldnt find the rebuild kit for the differential

1 - 10 of 10 Posts