Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wondering how do you take care of your supra! Your everyday daily basis or just weekends. And what do you check for when you get near your supra? What is the most important to you. I would wash my car every weekend and check for oil maintenance etc, and trying to notice something different. What about you?

·
Its Almost Easy
352 Posts
everytime i get into my car when in a parking lot, i casually inspect the exterior for dings. im always aware of the cars next to mine. i try to park in the back of the lot so i dont have cars parked next to mine (people wont always leave a note if they hit it). I dont mind the walk knowing that my baby is safe.

as for maintenance, wash it once a week. wax it once a month, blah blah.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I do the same, when i get out of the store or where every I'm at, i usually walk around the car and look for dings or dents. I have been hit once before so always cautious of where i park. but anyways i usually wash twice a week.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I'm running a single with 127k miles on the factory long block so I religiously change oil and spark plugs every 1000 miles. Rather be paranoid than sorry!
I also ALWAYS look at my garage floor as I'm pulling out for ANY leaks, and so far the old war horse has been kind to me.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
^^

I do the parking lot thing, but at some point it's gonna get bumped so I have a quart of quality paint for touch ups right away if needed.

If you are driving you car a lot then you should probably do the basic stuff, depending on your car as often as every 1000 miles, but only you can make that call.

Since I only put about 1000 miles on each year I change my fluids in April and don't worry about it for a year. I will probably change my plugs every 2 years since they aren't getting a lot of use, maybe more or less depending.

I wash my car every week, and wax maybe every couple months since it's fair weather only it doesn't get that dirty.

I guess the more you drive the more often you have stuff to do. Glad you got your MKIV Neo, assuming it was the white one we talked about, hope it's working out.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Very cautious of were i park. Always check underneath for leaks. I also check all of my fluids every other fill up. Always check the peak on my boost gauge between every pull. Flush the brake fluid once a year, change the oil every 2500miles service the trans every 8000 miles.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Leave mine in the garage. No need to worry about careless drivers, changing oil, needing new brakes, tires or anything else. Still manages to suck my bank account dry every chance it gets though....

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
everytime i drive mine.....when im done i lift the hood check for any possible leaks wipe down engine bay, wax it when im drinking my Coronas :)
i think keeping my engine bay spotlees is important....... very easy to tell if you have a fluid leak and u would know exactly where its coming from aswel...

God bless ...i love my supra

just nervous a little bit about letting my 16 year old daughter rolling around in it..but shes a supra fanatic so theres no way around letting her drive it......
soon she will have her own!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
scttboom, what do you do, what products do you use to keep you engine bay clean. Mine is spotless now, but better to be prepared.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys! I do the exact same thing. But checking dents when parking is a bit unusual, but its better then being sorry. But I normally check for leaks when i park it, wash it every week etc.

·
Fabatini is in the house!
686 Posts
pull the motor and install a stroker every other month. This way I know there is never any leaks........

in my dreams. Anyway I just change the oil and keep her very clean.

·
Registered
815 Posts
daily driving your supra, no matter how you take care of her you will always get dings, because there is always that lazy fat asshole that will hit your car. i park my car in the most furthest, unusual spots, and still manage to get dings that piss me off!!!!!

·
Na-T
695 Posts
daily driving your supra, no matter how you take care of her you will always get dings, because there is always that lazy fat asshole that will hit your car. i park my car in the most furthest, unusual spots, and still manage to get dings that piss me off!!!!!
That is true. Ed especially with you still being in HS. You have the careless kids in gthe parking lot who could give a shit about it and will leave a big ass ding in your door and not think twice. That happened with my tC and i was furious. Especially when i know it was the girl who parks next to me and to this day has not admitted to it.

Im going to have to manage that and try my best to protect it when I start Daily driving mine at some point this summer. Right now though it has only been out of the garage 4 times since January so it is still pretty much clean and freshly waxed. During the summer thouhg I will wash it once a week and wax it atleast once a month.

·
Wingless FTW
594 Posts
Leave mine in the garage. No need to worry about careless drivers, changing oil, needing new brakes, tires or anything else. Still manages to suck my bank account dry every chance it gets though....
Haha +1 Brother.

At this point, I drive my Supra once every few weeks, putting about 40 miles a month on it. I'm too paranoid to park it somewhere other than the garage, unless I can see it the entire time (ie parking it next to a tennis court while I'm playing tennis). When not in use, it sits under a car cover in the garage.

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
+1000

Do the regular, car only sees 1-2K miles a year. Garage queen. Weekend warrior.

Cant barely put your fingers on it without scratching it.

·
2j GT4294 stickersadd20hp
1,594 Posts
The best way to take care of your supra is to leave it in MY garauge.

:supra1000: I'll even order a flat bed to pick your car up for transfer.:cuddle:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts