Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
there are like 6 or 8 screws under the side weather strips, take those out and the liner will pop out and you should be able to get it from there.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
there are 4 on each corner and 1 in the middle. That's it!

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Hmmm....

Get ready to create a targa leak :furious:

The targa seals (body and targa) are very sensitive and tedious to work/deal with in terms of upsetting them, and being able to get them back to a leak-free state. It's possible though. If you create a leak, find yourself some patience for trial and error.

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
sorry to hijack this thread but how come my targa top leaks water when it rains or when i wash my car? do i need to replace my weather stripping? :(

·
Highway Demon
2,875 Posts
Suprachik8 said:
sorry to hijack this thread but how come my targa top leaks water when it rains or when i wash my car? do i need to replace my weather stripping? :(
yes,, unless the window is not aligned properly creating a break in the seal letting water into the cabin..

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
95jza80tt said:
yes,, unless the window is not aligned properly creating a break in the seal letting water into the cabin..
nope no problem with the windows aligning properly.
I guess i need to get the weather strippin fixed :(

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Suprachik8 said:
"Been there, done that" Finally mastered it ;)

I can help you with targa leaks. Be warned though...its tedious to explain. I have an email in my account that I wrote. I can email it to you and cover the details if needed.

[email protected]

sean

·
Highway Demon
2,875 Posts
blkturbo! said:

I can help you with targa leaks. Be warned though...its tedious to explain. I have an email in my account that I wrote. I can email it to you and cover the details if needed.

[email protected]

sean
mind sending me a copy of that as well? my email is in my sig in the above post.. TIA

Brian

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
blkturbo! said:

[email protected]

sean
Sean!
sent ya a pm!
thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I have CURED the leak problem......but I cant help everyone right away....especially tonight (5-8-06).

Everybody with leak: start by getting a scrap piece of dynamat. The rubbery backing is what you need (dont need a whole bunch). It's your best friend ;) What this will do is basically seal up a couple of VERY important, yet small locations of the targa's front CORNERS (on the body - not the targa) that Toyota didnt spend enough time on.

Again, it's a tedious explanation and I dont have pics....you guys will have to help me with pics when you open up your targa seals. I didnt have a digital camera when I went through all of this :(

Gotta run for tonight! Talk soon with everyone....
sean

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
The actual leak problems (about 90% of) ORIGINATE from the body --> at the A-pillar....at the front passenger and driver corners of the windshield....

All of that 1 seal/gasket (that runs along the windshield from one side mirror to the other side mirror) has to be removed. The problem is that toyota didnt use enough sealant in these corners. There are crucial spots that the dynamat adhesive needs to be placed in order to CURE the leaks :)

I checked my email.....I should rewrite it simplify it for everyone. Its tedious info, especially when you've never pulled the gasket off before (and I dont have pics).

I'll work on this when I get a chance (tonight ?).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts