Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a certain way to tell if i have ABS? VIN NUMBER? or just the light coming on when i turn the car on. i have a 88 the guy before but a lsd axle on there i have power everything but no super monitor. so how would i be able to tell. any help would be great thanks.

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,829 Posts
there will be abs unit on the passenger side on the engine bay

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
^ yeah, it looks like one huge mess of hoses.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
here is a pic... this is where mine is:

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,829 Posts
di_rosa said:
don't think so, i think the light only comes on if there's an error code in the abs computer?

correct

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
di_rosa said:
don't think so, i think the light only comes on if there's an error code in the abs computer?
And after startup for a few seconds

·
Registered
393 Posts
Or get going along good, and LAY on the brakes, chances are if they lock up you dont have working abs. Of course the other ways are probably the proper way to do things...

·
Registered
288 Posts
casgallo said:
Or get going along good, and LAY on the brakes, chances are if they lock up you dont have working abs. Of course the other ways are probably the proper way to do things...
Yea, hit a pothole under hard braking. The #$%^ things will feel like you have no brakes, then grab in a hurry.

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Check for the ABS unit. Chances are it does have ABS. Also, if the light on the dash comes on at startup, you have ABS.

Also, "power everything" isn't really an option, the Supra has a limited selection of options, so saying power everything doesn't help in determining whether it has ABS or not.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
from what i haved learned , the abs will come on for a few secods during key on /start up, and remain off during normal driving conditions, if the light comes on under normal driving conditions thier is a malfunction in the system.

if the light comes on under hard breaking, the abs is working, and the light should turn back off,

if the abs light stays on from start up, malfunction in the abs system and the abs will not work, and you ill have Normal breaks,

good day!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts